Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some guidance please...
My NDAC membership has expired and I was wondering if there was any benefit in renewing as a Chilli Divers member.
This gives the same benefits as a NDAC plus a few others.- A discount on training being perhaps the most beneficial to me currently
My question are does it function as a club arranging trips etc, is the membership active and numeros and is it worth the extra?

All info gratefully received.

Cheers

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Or speak to Dr T on here as I believe he is heavily involved in the setup.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Some guidance please...
My NDAC membership has expired and I was wondering if there was any benefit in renewing as a Chilli Divers member.
This gives the same benefits as a NDAC plus a few others.- A discount on training being perhaps the most beneficial to me currently
My question are does it function as a club arranging trips etc, is the membership active and numeros and is it worth the extra?

All info gratefully received.

Cheers
Well I can't answer all the questions, but if it gives you all the normal stuff that NDAC gives you, plus some option extras, training etc, then you can't lose can you. I think you have answered your own question.

Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
I not normaly write stuff on here but this has made me want to tell you about this club. I joined this club last year after lerning to dive with Ashley Tucker who told me that if i wanted to keep diving then this is the way to do it. Ipaid £80 to use the swimming pool, cheap entry to the ndac and for club diving. I did one pool in cwnbran then the bloke running the club said that the pool would no longer be used unless i paid £5 a month. I told the bloke at NDAC and he told me that Ahley Tucker had stopped the pool cos it did not make sense for his divers cos no one was using the pool. I had to go to the pool neaxt to the ndac which is miles away for me, one sunday each month., not every week like they said it would be. He did offer to give me my money back tho.
I did want to keep going diving so i carried on. the bloke running the club would only organise boat dives which were to scary for me cos i had only done some shallow easy dives. noone wanted to go to ndac to dive and no easy trips were arrannged for the rest of the year.
I meet someone recently who was also a club memebr and they told me that the club was a scam cos the bloke running it was now using another instructer and charging him to use the pool and charging the club members to use the pool.
The laast time the other person went to the pool the bloke running it had his 13 year old son in the pool teaching another kid how to dive.and there was only about 4 club members left in the club.
Dont think that i am unhappy about this i just think people joining the chili divers should now what they are getting for there money.
I wont be going diving in this country any more only on holidays cos of this rip off

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
erm.....

[cynical mode]The first post yesterday was from the same person who had a lot of compimentary stuff to say about the NDAC when he first signed up to YD.

This thread had no preplies on it when it started almost a year ago

We have a first poster who obviously wasn't happy with the set-up.[/cynical mode]

Hmmmmm
Popcorn, anyone?
:popcorn:

·
"Kite is right"
1,899 Posts
Scooba Chick -

I am not going to get into an argument about this when I have no idea who you are and this is a first time post.

ChilliDivers no longer has anything to do with Llantarnam pool or any club running there, and hasn;t done for many many months. We use Lydney pool on the first sunday of each month for training and club diving.

However if you are genuine, PM me as I would be interested to know more about the breach of regs regarding teaching

I am more than happy to talk to people about the club and ndac in general

ash

·
Registered
69 Posts
Scuba chick you have made some very scathing comments about Chilli Divers.
I wonder why it has taken you so long to post your comments as a first posting with no introduction.................very strange.
Could this be some one making a posting to cause trouble ??
Why not meet up with Dr T and J Kuzi at the Ndac and sort it out properly ans stop mud slinging !!! :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
2 Posts
DRT you need to go over to cwmbran then, chili divers are advertising there club on the board in reception with the other club. the other club member i spoke to said that they still meet on a wednesday night, john is running it but you have to pay him to use the pool.
if yo look on chili divers website they say on there that the pool is at cwmbran.
I'm not realy interested in the club anymore, i just felt that i had to tell richei what to expect if he was a member. when i joined there was no trips planned for the sort of diving that i am able to do. for me it was a waste of my mo
ney

·
"Kite is right"
1,899 Posts
DRT you need to go over to cwmbran then, chili divers are advertising there club on the board in reception with the other club. the other club member i spoke to said that they still meet on a wednesday night, john is running it but you have to pay him to use the pool.
if yo look on chili divers website they say on there that the pool is at cwmbran.
I'm not realy interested in the club anymore, i just felt that i had to tell richei what to expect if he was a member. when i joined there was no trips planned for the sort of diving that i am able to do. for me it was a waste of my mo
ney
As I said. the ChilliDivers club is based at the NDAC and Lydney. We do not use the pool at Llantarnum so yep I agree any advertising should be taken down and I will get that sorted. Also yes the info on the ndac website is out-of-date and that has already been raised.

There is a completely separate club running using the pool at Llantarnum which I believe John is a member of, but again that has nothing to do with ChilliDivers.

If people want to know about ChilliDivers then contact me or the NDAC for details

ash

·
Evil! Like Black Play Doh
348 Posts
Weds Dive Club

Please don't throw any mud at me, but I'm involved with the Weds night Dive Club at Llantarnum.

We were / are all members of Chilli Divers, but due to the declining membership NDAC & Chilli Divers decided it was not practical to run the pool sessions at both locations, therefore the Llantarnum session was scrapped.

However, a few of us got together & decided to continue using the llan pool on a 2 weekly basis. To run this wee pay a small monthly fee each, then depending on how many people turn up, some weeks we get a free session.

It's just for the sake of convienience, as the pool is central for the few of us who live in the area. Before we started all members friends etc were emailed or phoned & asked if they were interested, so everyone had the chance to use the pool.

Over the last few months again, due to finances being tight,a local instructor who is in the same position as most people, skint, asked if he could share the pool costs to run courses.

So if you have been told that there are kids in the pool teaching each other, you have been mis-informed, at present there are a few young guns learning ( under 16 probably ) but they are under the instuction of a certified & compotent instuctor, plus most weeks there has been at least 1 Dive Master in the pool.

As far as trips go, all of the trips over the last year have been mainly shallow dives, either out of West Bay or off our boat. We have struggled to fill spaces & more often than not there has been just John & myself out in the rib, with one or two other club members diving in less than 10m.

Despite all the negative comments, most of the info is mis interpretated, we are struggling for members. If you really want to come diving just get in touch.

·
Mike Strutter Dive Team!!
174 Posts
I told the bloke at NDAC and he told me that Ahley Tucker had stopped the pool cos it did not make sense for his divers cos no one was using the pool. I had to go to the pool neaxt to the ndac which is miles away for me, one sunday each month., not every week like they said it would be. He did offer to give me my money back tho.
I did want to keep going diving so i carried on. the bloke running the club would only organise boat dives which were to scary for me cos i had only done some shallow easy dives. noone wanted to go to ndac to dive and no easy trips were arrannged for the rest of the year.
I dont think that there is really a problem here, after all its a Club not your personal diving organisation. As for noone going to the NDAC, I can give you a list of members i regularly see at the NDAC and have done for quite some time

I meet someone recently who was also a club memebr and they told me that the club was a scam cos the bloke running it was now using another instructer and charging him to use the pool and charging the club members to use the pool.
The laast time the other person went to the pool the bloke running it had his 13 year old son in the pool teaching another kid how to dive.and there was only about 4 club members left in the club.
Carefull putting things in writing like that, hopefully you have the proof to back it up

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.