YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As its a bank holiday, I can't ring AP for advice but here is a summary of my problems.

Last week in Hurgarda, calibrated the unit fine MASTER and SLAVE showed. Then when I hit the water I got MASTER on both handsets. So I replaced the batteries and handset 1's display was a little slow i.e. letter by letter. But I noticed the total elapsed dive time had doubled when turning the unit on and the LOW SETPOINT changed to 0.8 . Tried Calibrating again and I got MASTER on handset 2 and RESET OTHER UNIT on the other handset, same if I tried it the other way. This saga lasted all week and I never got them both to work.

Any ideas......

Will probably send head to AP on tuesday

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
As its a bank holiday, I can't ring AP for advice but here is a summary of my problems.

Last week in Hurgarda, calibrated the unit fine MASTER and SLAVE showed. Then when I hit the water I got MASTER on both handsets. So I replaced the batteries and handset 1's display was a little slow i.e. letter by letter. But I noticed the total elapsed dive time had doubled when turning the unit on and the LOW SETPOINT changed to 0.8 . Tried Calibrating again and I got MASTER on handset 2 and RESET OTHER UNIT on the other handset, same if I tried it the other way. This saga lasted all week and I never got them both to work.

Any ideas......

Will probably send head to AP on tuesday

think your doing the best thing , back to AP , with it , :angry:

·
Have You Seen My 'Demi-john'?
997 Posts
had the same problem last weekend . back to ap monday morning new controller and full service £223 posted back today exellent service ready for scapa next week

john

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Excellent service? A defective product that you have to pay because it doesn't work? I'd have told them to stick it, and got the credit card company to deal with a company selling a product which is not fit for purpose.

I still don't understand why people tolerate a product which doesn't do what it should. Personally I'd be doing my damndest to keep it away from AP. Someone has to have realised there's a massive market for anyone who could strip these things apart and make them work without having to send them down there. I couldn't trust a company which can produce so many bad products to fix one. Mind you they must have learnt some lessons from all this work their customers are paying for.

It's like selling washing machines that are designed to be disposable after a few years. Except these things don't save you doing the dishes, they keep you alive.

I can see why some of my mates are now carrying 2 heads to go away for a week. Nice solution to what should be someone else's problem.

Sorry, but AP are on my list again this week. I can't believe what you lot tolerate.

Digs.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Excellent service? A defective product that you have to pay because it doesn't work? I'd have told them to stick it, and got the credit card company to deal with a company selling a product which is not fit for purpose.

I still don't understand why people tolerate a product which doesn't do what it should. Personally I'd be doing my damndest to keep it away from AP. Someone has to have realised there's a massive market for anyone who could strip these things apart and make them work without having to send them down there. I couldn't trust a company which can produce so many bad products to fix one. Mind you they must have learnt some lessons from all this work their customers are paying for.

It's like selling washing machines that are designed to be disposable after a few years. Except these things don't save you doing the dishes, they keep you alive.

I can see why some of my mates are now carrying 2 heads to go away for a week. Nice solution to what should be someone else's problem.

Sorry, but AP are on my list again this week. I can't believe what you lot tolerate.

Digs.
Digs,

Dont even get me started. I am pissed off to the back teeth with AP. I had the unit rewired in december and 3 dives later one of the handsets started playing up. Unit back to factory again.

The problem??

Oh we broke a pin on the controller when the unit was rewired. The controller now needs to be replaced. Cost £223.50.

What Says I? Is that replaced free as you just admitted that you did the damage!

Er no says they. This sort of thing happens all the time. I'm afraid you have to pay.

What If I don't pay says I. Well then you dont get your head back says they.

As soon as Delta P launch the sports version of Boris I will be getting rid of my Inspo. I will never again buy anything from a company I regard as having the worst customer service on earth! Feckin robbin, useless bastards

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Personally I'd have paid with good old Mastercard, got them to e-mail me what the problem was, then get Mastercard to take their money back as I was being defrauded. Simple. I won't have companies behave that way.

AP must have a load of units that people are refusing to pay for sat in the corner. Then again they probably nick the bits off them to make their new units, that would explain so many of the problems we hear about all the time. There may be loads and loads of their units on the market but it's beyond a joke the number of problems they have.

Digs.

·
997 Posts
had my unit 18 months second hand 8 previous hours logged on it from new. ive done 160 ish dives without a single fault never missed a dive £223 sounds reasonable to me what other option did i have to get it fixed in a week

john

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
had my unit 18 months second hand 8 previous hours logged on it from new. ive done 160 ish dives without a single fault never missed a dive £223 sounds reasonable to me what other option did i have to get it fixed in a week

john
Buy a KISS :)

So if the unit's about 2 years old it seems a little bonkers to require so much work doing. If they just said fine, servicing each year costs £500 annually and cover everything life would be much more simple, and we would all have a good idea how much it costs.

I was looking at inspos a while back as another option for deeper stuff than the KISS likes, but didn't go much further for fear that the first time AP saw it something like this would happen. Which it seems to whenever anyone lets AP near a unit.

Each to their own with units, but I know which one I wouldn't be buying right now.

Digs.

·
997 Posts
Buy a KISS :)

So if the unit's about 2 years old it seems a little bonkers to require so much work doing. If they just said fine, servicing each year costs £500 annually and cover everything life would be much more simple, and we would all have a good idea how much it costs.

I was looking at inspos a while back as another option for deeper stuff than the KISS likes, but didn't go much further for fear that the first time AP saw it something like this would happen. Which it seems to whenever anyone lets AP near a unit.

Each to their own with units, but I know which one I wouldn't be buying right now.

Digs.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Reactions: RichardGreen
1 - 9 of 9 Posts