YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly I can't justify having two rebreathers and so I'm reluctantly putting my KISS up for sale. I bought this unit new from Jetsam just over four years ago and have done just under 400 hours on it since. It has been to 95m in lake Zurich, deep inside some Mexican caves, and perhaps most impressively it was part of the the world beating team that managed to set the record for most number of underwater Scuba Santas. :)

There are some people that go diving then chuck their kit in the corner and leave it to fester between dives. But not me. Oh no. My kit is lovingly looked after. I pack it away carefully in it's special box. It's washed down with fresh water after each dive, and the o-rings are greased between the thighs of virgins [1] [2]. Perhaps is why I've been relatively lucky with this unit and, as per the KISS warning, it's only tried to kill me without warning once! :D

There are one or two slight blemishes - one of the holes in the counterlung case is filled with a broken bolt, and the plastic edge of one of the displays has been chipped. You can see the damage in the photos. But neither of these really affect the functioning of the unit. I last dived the unit in December '09, and it worked perfectly.

I'm going to be selling the unit pretty much as it came to me from Jetsam. Ie - I won't be including tanks, backplate or wing. But there will be three cells in there (although I haven't dived the unit since December - so I'd recommend replacing them as they are out of date) and I'll also leave the o-rings in place (Jetsam traditionally just give you a bag of o-rings and a manual!)

New a Classic Kiss costs CAN$5900. Once you've added in VAT, shipping and import duty - this works out at close to £4,900 for a new unit. I'd like £2,750 for mine.

I'd prefer buyer collects, but I'm happy to post it anywhere at the buyers expense.

Janos

[1] - And not spotty sixteen year old boy virgins either. The other sort.
[2] - I exaggerate a little about the virgins, but I do look after my kit.

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Part of me is happy, but the other part of me is sad, to say this is now sold.

I will be putting some other KISS bits and bobs up shortly (including a Shearwater setup and a SS counterlung case) as I root though the garage.

Thanks for your interest.

Janos

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.