YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just spent 5 hours on the update etc. For about 3 of those I was convinced that I'd lost the database totally. Will now be backing up the database every week so the worst that can happen is we lose a weeks worth of posts.

As for the new appearance, you can thank the update for that - I MAY work on another skin if I get time.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

I was still getting used to the last version

Apparently, Ikonboard have a bunch of skins free to download on their website/forums, but it's for Administrators only  
Chee-az
Steve

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Heads Up @ July 12 2003,17:25)]..For about 3 of those I was convinced that I'd lost the database totally. ..
Jeez, the moment you thought you'd loss the lot, I'll bet that was a bum twitching moment.

Was haveing real withdrawl symptom this morning when I tried to access the site - so had to crack-on with the DIY instead.  Bummer.

Interestin new look though - the scheme looks more crisp on my monitor.  Not sure about the altered logo tho. thought the previous one looked more dynamic.

Having said that, upwards and onwards - never be the same for too long!

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Thanks for all the hard work.

Mark Chase

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

And thirded - Well done Jay

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

and fourthed, thanks for all the hard work you put in to make the site work so well. It's a lot easier to navigate than that other handbag one (and less stroppy people!)
Jules

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

but just one question.. did we lose the animated emoticons in the update? Or are they all hiding somewhere else? you know the one with the nodding head and the dancing and stuff? It 's not important really just funny!
jules

·
Registered
27 Posts
Imported post

Yeh brill site, thanks for all the hard work
BB

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Imported post

You just can't help fiddling, can you!  New cover disk arrives and you can't wait to slap it on!

Jay, you're a true techy mate, and nothing wrong with that - and I'm bloomin' glad it's you doing all the hard work and not me!

By the way, are you diving again after your visit to the pot a few months back?

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Heads Up @ July 13 2003,19:22)]I only do the coding, you guys are YD!
Without you we would not exist in this form - that must make you G...

I have finished typing this from a kneeling position - pls don't smight me down.

As already said many times by many people - an excellent, well thought out site.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Imported post

Agreed...three cheers etc.

As has already been said, thanks for the hard work as it really does show.

CDG need a forum like this too....maybe you can sell your services to them.

G

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

M8

Well done mate, and thanks for your time.

Was it not this shade for a while when you first changed to this programme in the old "where have my balls gone" the peasants are revolting, days last year?

Regards

Paul

1 - 17 of 17 Posts