YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

· Registered
16,208 Posts
Basically, it seems some of us got hacked off because we all ganged up on someone, and said some nasty things. We got a load of green off each other for it, and then it got deleted so we lost our green. It's like when you're kicking a ball about as a kid and someone comes along and tries to punt a really good goal, there's always the danger of hoofing it over the fence and football's done for the day. We lost the ball, because it got a bit too much, and someone probably got hit in the knackers by the ball as well and went crying to mummy. So the game wasn't fun any more.

Anyhow, you can't have it all. The mods can't please all the people all the time, and if they let certain threads through we'd have a board like www.deeparmchair.com and look at how cack that is. Or you can get all heavy handed and have scubaboard. None of us wants either.

I do think you need at least a few requests to close/delete a thread to do so, or something which is way out of line spotted by a mod before it goes any further. It seems an individual got hit with the football, no malice in it, and a complaint was made. If it's one poster then personally I'd tell them to think about why no-one else was complaining. Of course if there's a dozen complaints then feel free to get rid of the thing.

Of course all of this is fairly insignificant, and the board is what it is. If people want to whinge about moderation and how it si run then they should get in touch with the admin team.

Digs.

PS - By the way, you're all welcome to green me again on this thread. Nothing to stop you doing that.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Well I hardly think that thread was YDs finest moment and am glad to see the back of it. As for the level of moderation, you can't please all the people all the time and at least someone's making the effort. I still feel that I'm able to exchange my views freely here. Perhaps I just have uncontentious views? Of course I shall still continue to sneak the odd inapproriate pic of the day in when Mal isn't looking.....

81 - 87 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.