YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just signed up with a fundraising website in an effort to increase club funds without relying on the membership totally!

Basically when you shop online via your club's link the retailer donates money back as they save on the costs of selling in the high street. In addition to this I've started using my club's easysearch page which allows me to generate 1/2p every time I complete a search and click one of the resulting pages. If 30 members do this 10 times a day that works out at £600 in a year to the club for spending 10 minutes a day at a PC!

Use this link

Easyfundraising Referral

to sign up for free.

FREE MONEY? WHERE DO I SIGN?!
Have you heard about easyfundraising yet? It’s the easiest way to raise money for your group!
34 million people in the UK now shop regularly online. Join easyfundraising and like 1000’s of other organisations, you can earn donations every time one of your supporters makes a purchase on the Web. Sounds too good to be true? Well read on…

So how does it work?
By using the links on the easyfundraising site to visit any of over 2,000 well known retailers, a percentage of whatever your supporters spend with each retailer will be passed to you as a donation.

How much can you raise?
When a supporter spends £100 with M&S online, they’ll raise £5 for you. £100 spent with Amazon raises £2.50, whilst £100 with WH Smith puts £2.00 in your pocket and so on. Some donations can be as much as 15% of the purchase price. Purchasing with well known insurers such as Direct Line, Churchill, More Than and Aviva will generate a one-off donation , sometimes as much as £40!

Which retailers are included?
easyfundraising works with over 2,000 of the best known online retailers, including all the big brand names such as Amazon, Argos, M&S, John Lewis, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Comet, Boden, eBay, Boots, B&Q, Thomas Cook, Virgin and many, many more. There really is something for everyone!

Hang on…what’s the catch?
No catch. The donation is passed on from the actual retailer as a percentage of the purchase price and doesn’t cost you or your supporters a penny. It’s much cheaper for retailers to sell goods online than in the high street so they’re happy to pass part of the extra profit to your organisation as a donation.

Save money too!
And on top of raising funds for your organisation, easyfundraising is packed full of hundreds of exclusive discounts and voucher codes, so not only will your supporters be raising donations for you, they’ll be saving money for themselves too. Everybody wins!

When you sign up via the link Weymouth & Portland Sub Aqua Club will receive a thank you from easyfundraising for referring you. Don’t worry, this won’t affect the amount you raise and when you’ve signed up, you can introduce new groups and benefit in the same way.

Remember, easyfundraising is totally FREE to register and use for both you and your supporters.

Thanks – and happy fundraising!

If anyone has any other fundraising ideas then it'd be great to hear about them.

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just thought I'd mention we've managed to raise just over £40 in our first quarter and are well on the way to the same this quarter just for buying stuff we were going to buy anyway. :)

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just thought I'd give this another little bump.

Our club has now raised over £197 in 6 months through this site. If you have a club and a handful of members who shop online then why not try it. It costs you nothing, has some great offers and gives your club money!!!

Just click the referral link in Post #1

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Darn... Scuttler forgot to ask you if we could "recommend" your club....apparently we get more cash if we recommend other clubs/ charities.... more fundraising means that I get to throw a better christmas do next year!
Nope the referral link above automatically links to us so we earn a referral percentage and it doesn't affect the money the other club get :)

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
It would be nice of more dive retailers used EasyFundraising. If they did I'd happily add direct links through easy fundraising to a dive retailers website on our club website.

** Hint, hint, nudge, nudge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is good idea we appreciate this effort of club members. Clubs are funded similarly through a combination of club fees, fund raising and donations. This is the great effort into the club to subsidise the cost of events.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts