YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi all, wonder if you club types could help me with a bit of info on how and whom to apporoach for a grant to buy a boat for our club, BSAC 2032.

We secured a £5000 grant from "Awards for all" last year, to be used to renew our training equipment. The rules on grants from these guys would appear to be that it cannot be spent on large single assets, but smaller multiple assets are ok.

On a recent course I attended, people were talking about £20,000 grants, buying boats and allsorts, so I guess it can be done!

I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing about applying for grants but I'm willing to give it a go.
What I really need is advice from someone who has been throught this scenario before, and also possibly names/addresses to write to and get the ball rolling.

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

Stu.

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>My lot got a fortune to buy their rib.  9m 240 turbo diesel inboard.........mind you, it was a long hard slog getting her.  Your best bet is to focus on how the award will improve the lives of kids etc in your area.  You need someone who is dedicated to applying for these kind of things.  It will be hard since you are not a charity, where i used to work used to get loads since they are a charity - got a cheque for £7000 the other day.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

PressurE

We have twice got boats from grants
 and although i have not been involved in the bids i will ask for some details.

We are also currently dealing with one that originally was for a Membrane Compressor but may also include a club house now Wooooo Hooooo. We have a Company Director/ Chartered Accountant team dealing with it who have done a LOT of reasearch. I will get some basic pointers of them for you when i see them next (may not be for a while).

Good Luck

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts