YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Right then,

Me and Ben are diving the Clyde on May 17/18 and both Steve and Ian have expressed interest.

There are a few places still left and I can certainly vouch for both the boat and the excellent skipper. It's the Spinaway - a 67 foot boat complete with full galley, seating area and cabins for 14 people. (see my previous trip reports)

Prices are £30 a day for two dives so that's £60 for the whole w/e. There's a 300 bar compressor on board so you only need one tin or set of twins. Most of the wrecks are in the 30m range but there's plenty of choice and despite it being dark we've had decent viz on every dive this year.

Accomodation can be had on board for 12 quid which is what me and Ben do.

Come on get yer names down and experience some of the most fun wrecking in Scotland.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

If you fancy a shore wreck dive on the Friday I'll show you a wee secret. 2 70ft boats that can both be dived on the same dive. max depth a dizzying 13mtrs so get the Tri-mix out. It's a site known as 5-wreck reef. I've found three of them and heard rumours of a Catelina there as well, though I reckon this is further down the road(it's still undiscovered). God knows about the 5th wreck, it's there somewhere.

Lemme know.
Peter

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

What the Hell, I've finished with the crow bar for DIY so let's go wrecking.

I'm in - can I have a lift and a lightsabre please?

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ April 28 2003,18:45)]... heard rumours of a Catelina there as well, though I reckon this is further down the road(it's still undiscovered).
Petet, I assume this isn't the Catelina off the slipway on Little Cumbrae? (or however its spelt!)

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Right - that's three for the Clyde. Stevie W and Tim  are you on? Ian?

Anymore?

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Excellent Stevie - I'll post up more details later.

Ben - can you get in touch with Ian?

That's four confirmed and two probables/possibles.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Heads Up @ May 01 2003,06:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ April 28 2003,18:45)]... heard rumours of a Catelina there as well, though I reckon this is further down the road(it's still undiscovered).
Petet, I assume this isn't the Catelina off the slipway on Little Cumbrae? (or however its spelt!)
No Jay,
         I think that one has been pretty well "discovered". Nothing left to bother diving it anymore apparently. I've never even bothered doing her. The one I am talking about is virginal.

Is anyone up for the Friday that's going on this gig?

Peter

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hmmm... maybe,not sure yet, might be worth booking a day off work and tavelling up Friday morning. Is the site very dependant on tides etc ? Are you back to diving yourself Peter?
Chee-az
Steve

·
PSAI Instructor Trainer
199 Posts
Imported post

Gav

yep I am a definite maybe. Would very much like to come, though am down in London at the RGS until Friday, so am trying to do some diary shuffling to come up to Glasgow on the weekend.

I should know for definate this weekend, is that too late??

Ian

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Got your email Ian. Shame you cannae make it but look forward to the next time. Steve and Peter K- I'm just gonna do the Sat and Sunday - the boss expects me to work for some reason!

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ May 01 2003,13:10)]Is the site very dependant on tides etc ? Are you back to diving yourself Peter?
Chee-az
Steve
No, it's not tidal in any way at all. It's a sea-loch so it's sheltered from the surges and strong currents.  The only problem can be it's directly opposite Faslane Nuclear Sub base, but they're OK if you let them know beforehand. Ahhhh, the joy of popping up from a night dive to find out you're surrounded by armed MOD police on RIB's shining lights at you. They knew exactly where we were and even asked when the other two were due up.
  If there is any problem then the Caves are only 10mins drive away anyway in Loch Long, or you could go looking for a torpedo launcher that I've heard a rumour of, or you could go to Conger Ali.

I'm not back in yet, but it's more a case of weeks now rather than months, so a wee 13mtr bimble would be the ticket anyway. I'm happy to show you the site and explain it. I'll be there with my clipboard and pen.

BEN-leave you're fuc*ing crowbar at home. Our wrecks are already ripped apart by "tourist" divers    

Peter

·
Registered
281 Posts
Imported post

Hi Gav unfortunately busy that w/end but hope you all have fun. I definitely would like to dive the Clyde after your mouth watering stories the other weekend so perhaps if you run the gig again later in the year you could find room for a little'un?

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Certainly Paul - It'd be a pleasure to have you on board.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Paul, think there's still a place or two for Kev W's clyde weekend in August if that's any use?
Ionically you and Tim were the first YD-ers I met, I see Tim reasonably regularly but ain't seen you since - was it something I said  

Chee-az
Steve

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Paul  - yep yer in if you wanna.

Team sheet is now.

Gav
Ben
Steve W
Drifty
Paul H

That means we only need one more to get a deffo on the boat. I'm pretty sure I'll have another couple of divers but we can get 12 on the boat.

Anybody?

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Guys Id love to join you all but there's no way I can get a pass.  Have a good time all - I've got the FA Cup to look forward to.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>Gav,

Remember Tom (TSAC) from when we played at the Commie pond? Got an email and he's 90% on for it and will let me know as soon.....

So that hopefully is the 6....

Party!

PS Mr Walker gave me some dosh for you.... Fancy a beer?  

PPS Checked out the SALT info and Divetech, looks like a good idea - BSAC here we come!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts