YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

The Aquatec JR Signal MarK SMB is great (small enough to fit into my drysuit pocket on a Buddy pocket reel yet big enough to see from some distance and easily deployed) but the cartridges are a bit expensive. Does anybody know where I can get them (or other CO2 cartridges that wil do the job) cheaper?

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

halfords.  2 for £4.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

John
if those are the ones you want (Halfords) I can get them and post them if they wont mail order to Sweden and you cant wait. I'll check the cost of postage so if its too much I can hold onto them until you come over.

Matt

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Thanks Andy, Matt! 2 for £4 is better than I paid last time but it would be nice if I could use the SMB for less than £2 a time. Maybe somebody knows of an even cheaper source? I understand that the cartridges are the same as those used in the airlines' inflatable lifejackets, so I thought they might be available from some surplus place, for example. Or maybe those soda syphon cartridges would do the job? I don't know if they are any cheaper, though, or whether they are the same size and pressure. Matt, I'm not in a hurry. I have a few cartridges and seldom need to deploy an SMB here (although I might need to do so in the Red Sea in June, with all the RIBs buzzing around), so I might ask you to get me a supply and keep them until I come over. Let's wait a while and see if anybody can come up with a super-cheap source, though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (John Gulliver @ May 09 2003,05:46)]Thanks Andy, Matt! 2 for £4 is better than I paid last time but it would be nice if I could use the SMB for less than £2 a time. Maybe somebody knows of an even cheaper source? I understand that the cartridges are the same as those used in the airlines' inflatable lifejackets, so I thought they might be available from some surplus place, for example. Or maybe those soda syphon cartridges would do the job? I don't know if they are any cheaper, though, or whether they are the same size and pressure. Matt, I'm not in a hurry. I have a few cartridges and seldom need to deploy an SMB here (although I might need to do so in the Red Sea in June, with all the RIBs buzzing around), so I might ask you to get me a supply and keep them until I come over. Let's wait a while and see if anybody can come up with a super-cheap source, though.
Good morning John. Make sure they are the right size. I had seen at least 3 different once. I have an old horse collar BC that uses them. I think I payed about 8 or 10 smakaroons for what it needed. More than the BC is worth :eek:)

Take care

Lawrence

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Thanks, Lawrence! Yes, size obviously DOES matter  

1 - 6 of 6 Posts