Graham

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I carry a yellow Aquatec Co2 SMB for emegencies...they are really good and fold down very small...but it doesn't have enough capacity to lift a cannon ball.:frown:

·
I came, I saw, I dived
552 Posts
The thing I found with the aquatec ones is that if the CO2 fails for any reason you have no way of filling them so your knackered as there was a faulty batch of the cylinders going round a while back & as far as I was concerned it was a single point of failure.

I was also doing some night dives and needed a way of attaching a cylume to the SMB.

So John made up some Self sealing smb's with CO2 bottles and a tube at the top for fitting the cylume into. You can fill them manually if the CO2 fails for any reason.

It's really well made with all the seams re-enforced.

A bit tlike these but with the holder for the cylume at the top www.divingproducts.co.uk - bouys and bags

·
I came, I saw, I dived
552 Posts
have you used them at depth and what do you think
Only taken them to about 45m so not too deep, it worked fine from there but I would agree the aquatec ones do give a limited about of bouyancy. I don't haul myself up the line so it hasn't been a problem.

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
A bit off topic, but does anybody have a spent CO2 cylinder they could send me? PM me if you have.
If anyone dosen't know this already, the thread on these cylinders is 3/8" UNF which is the same as a first stage LP port. Screwing a spent cylinder into your reg can give some useful purchase when you service your own regs.

I'm guessing that's what Andy needs this for.

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
You have to draw him a picture and everything Andy he's locally known as 2watt*:teeth:

Dim as fcuk

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just need an empty CO2 cylinder which I'll use for servicing a 1st stage regulator. You got one going spare? :)

andy
yep PM me your details

Graham

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts