YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is changing the battery of a Cobra a complicated job? On Saturday's dive it gave me the first low battery warning with two bars. I called my LDS and it said they would send it to Suntoo and it would take 2-3 weeks. OK he said it would be calibrated but surely a simople battery change can be done relatively simply. Does it have to be calibrated if you change the battery?
I don't fancy being without it for the next 3 weeks. I'm thinking if it's possible to change the baterry and then send it to Suntoo at the end of the season for calibration.
As it has two bars is it fine to use until one bar appears. If so it could last for the next couple of months dives.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Chris
I changed my own it took about 10 mins total. I am ashamed to say I even used the old O ring and just put grease on it. I've had about 100 dives with it since the change so I must have done it correctly. Also if I remeber correctly the battery compartment is isolated from the electronics so even if you do mess up the computer is OK once you sort out the battery. I bought my battery for Maplins in the UK it cost £3 as I remember.

·
Registered
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I dig up the manual and clear the dust. I spoke to LDS, they won't do it but will get me the battery 'pack' presumably including the fresh O-ring.

Did you loose your memory by chance ( the computer that is?)

·
Registered
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just did it. Took less than five minutes and that was taking my time. Will dive tommorrow to see if succesful but would be big numpty if I got it wrong! Go the Suunto battery kit costing me €17. This is batery, o ring, plastic cover and batery holder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.