YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned a Cochran Commander Nitrox for ............... "a number of years" and have been VERY happy with it. It has a couple of minor problems such as changing mixes "in the field" can be a frustrating experience and I was never able to read the display with just the backlight (I am prepared to admit that was probably more to do with my failing eyesight).

For a 2 mix dive computer (DC) it was incredible value for money. I have effectively, totally relied on its ponderings to get me back to the surface nice and "straight".

I have been aware, for at least a year, that Cochran were offering an exchange program for old DCs. I just wondered if anyone had any idea why this was? I suppose I could ask Cochran or Dive In (UK outlet) but I prefer, at the moment, to see what the YD collective has to say. :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have owned a Cochran Commander Nitrox for ............... "a number of years" and have been VERY happy with it. It has a couple of minor problems such as changing mixes "in the field" can be a frustrating experience and I was never able to read the display with just the backlight (I am prepared to admit that was probably more to do with my failing eyesight).

For a 2 mix dive computer (DC) it was incredible value for money. I have effectively, totally relied on its ponderings to get me back to the surface nice and "straight".

I have been aware, for at least a year, that Cochran were offering an exchange program for old DCs. I just wondered if anyone had any idea why this was? I suppose I could ask Cochran or Dive In (UK outlet) but I prefer, at the moment, to see what the YD collective has to say. :)
Simple!!! there doing it to keep customers when there customers upgrade their computers

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Simple!!! there doing it to keep customers when there customers upgrade their computers
I didn't think was anything "serious" but it just seemed strange to me.

I wish they hadn't offered because there is nothing wrong with my computer but now I have the thoughts of a shiny new one!!! :(

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EMC-20H go on... ya know you want to :) :) :)
Yes I do ......... but I don't have much money at the moment and want to get a digi diving camera ........... prob the Fuji F30 or 31 if there is a F31?

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
run your own business? put the camera and housing through that as an esential item needed to carry out your duties. worried about getting the housing through- easy protective case to stop camera getting damaged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts