YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I have a problem (some may argue i have many), but this one is diving related.

I get really cold feet, now i mean REALLY cold feet, they turn into ice blocks before I even get in the water, and take several hours to warm up again.

I currently wear silk mix ski socks and have neoprene lined wellies (if you know what i mean). There is also limited space for multiple layers as they are the right size for my feet (i.e. 5).

Now I do recall these funny little electric heater things you could get for ski boots, however can't find anything about them, or if they might work inside a dry suit.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received (apart from the bright spark who suggests I wee in my suit to warm them up)

Mary

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

I can't say the idea of electric heaters in a suit that may someday leak has ever tempted me

Cold feet is usually actually a sign of the rest of your body struggling to keep warm - the only real source of heat they have is from your circulation. So if you're mildly cold, extremities get VERY cold. So I'd say get a thicker undersuit, or add a base layer - heating up your feet would just be masking symptoms of a different problem.

And besides, it'd give you nasty sweaty feet

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Sorry the site is in spanish but these work in a wetsuit as well
Look here

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Mary,
try a thin pair of normal cotton socks with a pair of hotmax socks over em, available from denney diving for about £7.

I have also tried the fourth element artic socks and although are very warm, I find them to be very thick as my boots are a good fit also.

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Your not my wife are you??

Her cold feet come in handy when the freezer breaks down. She uses my lush warm tummy to warm them up, usualy when I have just nodded of to sleep. The resulting blood curdling screem has been blamed for my daughters exma attacks

What is it with woman and cold feet?
?
??

Mark Chase

·
Registered
293 Posts
Imported post

My feet used to get cold has well then I bought some of those neoprene socks and now my feet stay nice n toasty

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'm on the case. You'll find out if i've found the solution on 21st Feb, as I'll either be standing there swearing as I've lost the feeling in my feet again or standing there with a beutific smile

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Hi Mary

Try a couple of online motorcycle shops, they are often worn by couriers etc.

James

Sniff, sniff, sold my bike in the summer cause I only did 100 miles on it last year. Bloody diving!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts