YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I own poseidon jetstreams. My local dive shop claims that these are not cold water rated and when in use at low temperatures there is a diaphragm attachment.

However an instructor who works for the same dive shop claims that he uses his jetstreams without the additional attachment in inland dive sites during the winter and has never encountered any problems.

In fact i know a number of jetstream owners who use them through the winter without the cold water add on.

So what is the point of cold water rating?

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>tell the dive shop numpty to have a look at where these regs come from and then compare the relative water temps for that country and ours! I think the attachment that is available is only used in EXTREME cold, i.e. a smidgin above frozen!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

I'm not sure about the Jetstream but I used to have Cyklon 300s and you had to attach a rubber cap filled with ethylene glycol to the first stage to winterise them. If the Jetstream is the same, I suggest you do it if you're going to use the reg in the winter. Nobody here in Sweden would use a reg that isn't approved for cold water use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts