YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Anyone got any advice on underwater colour correction lenses? I found them on one site but they were £70 each for a 67mm to fit the oly 5050, I need two, one for blue/tropical water and one for green/UK water?

James

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>you could try useing jesops standard glass filters as they are no where near as expensive. And they do this size.

You will need a red for tropical and a green for home.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Imported post

I think you'll be amazed at the difference a red filter can make to your video (or natural light photos). (I was!) If you are trying to match colours - the red I've used is more of an orange than a post box type red. Also, I'm not sure a green filter for green water will work. I think magenta is the colour for green water. Haven't tried this yet - but I have one on order. Hope that helps.

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Hi Guys

I have not tried Jessops yet, just haven't been near one lately. Jeremy, where have you ordered your from?

Anyone else with an idea of where to get these?

James

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

I use a UR PRO red filter (for blue water) on my video camera.  

The difference is extremely noticeable.

Only really useful between 8m and 20m with good conditions.  Under 8m and a reddish tinge appears on most things.  Over 20m and you will start to lose the benefit.

UR Pro are not cheap but they are very good.  

Whatever you get make sure you can fit and remove it in water.

Daz

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Whenever I've video'd in the blue I've adjusted the "White Balance" instead of using a filter - Mind you though this was the dive guides camera in the red sea and not my own and this is how he did it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts