YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Come and see us

1K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  ANDY 64 
#1 ·
Imported post

I am bringing 6 Swedes to dive the Farnes  and St Abbs from Friday 19th to Thursday 25th September. We will be staying and diving with Farne Diving Services in Beadnell over the weekend 19th-21st. Some of the Southern Shandy Drinkers (Lou and Caroline and Matt and Adam) and Steve W will be joining us in Beadnell.  If anybody living locally or who will be in the area at that time fancies meeting us in the pub one evening for a drink and a chin-wag, it would be great to meet you. You can reach me on my mobile (0046 702 692559) from midday Friday 19th (except when I’m diving, of course).
The Swedish contingent will go on to St Abbs on the Sunday evening for 4 days diving there. We wil no doubt be in one of the local  pubs every evening from Sunday 21st to Thursday 25th and would  again love to meet anybody who is in the area. In fact, there will only be 7 of us on Billy Aitchison’s boat, so if anyone fancies joining us for a dive or two any day  from the Monday to the Thursday we’d be glad to have you with us. Ring Billy (01890771288) in that case.

#2 ·
Imported post

John.
You probally know this already but if you're diving the Farnes to see the seals stay shallow 6-10 mtrs.
The best 'dive' l had on our recent trip was surface swimming into one of the inlets to the hopper, with seals on the rocks, which then slipped into the water 2-3 mtrs in front of us, then they swam under us, nudging/nibbling my daughters fins and surfaced behind us. Awesome.

l wonder if your sweedish mates will understand the Geordie lingo?
Oh l forgot Steve will be there as an interpreter.

Have fun.

#3 ·
Imported post

Thanks for the tip about the seals, Howard. I've read Ron Young's excellent book and also exchanged several e-mail messages with Ron, who has been very helpful, so I think I've got a fairly good picture of the diving in the Farnes. Yes, it's a good thing Steve will be with us to interpret  
Anyway, we're all greatly looking forward to our trip. Pray for good weather for us!

#6 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi John,

I'm in Seahouses on the 20/21 diving from Glad tidings.

Safe diving,
Steve.

#7 ·
Imported post

Nigel: That'd be great. Check with Billy that it's OK with him for safety's sake.
Steve: Probably see you in the pub in the evenings. Make yourself known. Even better, ring me on my mobile (number above).

#9 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>we are up that weekend

will say hi

#11 ·
Imported post

Our ferry departs Gothemburg at 10.00 tomorrow (Thursday) morning and arrives in Newcastle at 10.00 on Friday. You can reach me on my mobile (+46 702692559) at any time thereafter.

#15 ·
Imported post

I'll be the one with my cylinders the right way up

Safe diving,
Steve.

#16 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve S @ Sep. 17 2003,16:51)]Hi John,
I'll be the one with my cylinders the right way up

Safe diving,
Steve.
OK, Steve, we'll look out in the pub for a guy with his cylinders the rigth way up  

#18 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Matt,
sorry for the confusion the picture is with independant 10's
I now dive manifolded inverted 12's.

What I need is someone with a digital camera to update my picture[guess that would be you Nigel]

Safe diving,
Steve.

#19 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (John Gulliver @ Sep. 17 2003,15:57)]OK, Steve, we'll look out in the pub for a guy with his cylinders the rigth way up  

there has been a change of plan I have blagged a lift to St abbs with Nigel so see you then.

#21 ·
Imported post

Hey Dr Evil, Matt, birthday girl lou & Carol and the rest of the gang, enjoy your ABBA convention with John Gully.  

Just remember that when they want aerosols they might mean something different to what you think.  

Anyone remember the chemist sketch on 'Not the nine o'clock news'?

Matt use this weekend to convince others to join Peters SO Mull trip, unless more come l won't be able to go  

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.