YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bournemouth Area Reefs Surf Report, Surf Forecast and Surf Webcams

Come on everyone. Ommmmmmmmm for me. We need some good ommmmmmmmmmming for this weekend for the 3 days I have booked out of Weymouth.

Ommmmmmmmm so hard a bit of poo comes out. I'll know if you have not been ommmming. And so will Auntie Howard and Auntie Digger who are also on the trip. They're all ommmmmed out and have had to burn all the lower half clothes they own.

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
You should go diving today. The sea off Hastings (East Sussex) looked like a mill pond, at lunch time, with even smoother bits of sea in amongst it. The sun was beating down (worthy of 2 open car windows) and ...............

Almost made me want to dig out the kit and go diving. :)

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
The south coast will be a beautiful place to be this weekend, the wind has been low and the sun has been shining for over a fortnight...

Real shame I have to go to warminster on Saturday to help unload 20 tons of Indonesian garden furniture......don't ask....unless you own a garden centre or suitable outlet or want a garden bench or wooden duck in which case ask away....

·
Has a twinset - now for the pearls...
588 Posts
More ommmmmmmmmming here for this weekend at Weymouth as we're there from Friday (St Dunstans followed by a drift for scallops) followed by a weekend of nice training dives round Portland Harbour for the club newbies interspersed with a fair amount of liquid refreshment. 17+ and counting from Canterbury 326 so we'll be adding our combined ommmming power.

·
More yokel than local moi luvver
1,280 Posts
ommmmmmmmming for good weather as i've a group doing their DofE practice exped so some nice weather would be good.

Woz, keep HP on a tight leash as my niece is out over the weekend and i dont want him broken
Janos, sorry i'll miss your visit
everyone else, stay safe, stay dry and stay off moi laaannnddddddd!!!!!

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
i can confirm that the bay area is fantastic at hte moment.

Big assed tides resulting in a very fast drift around thatcher rock this evening. 40 mins and we were dropped about 3/4 of a mile in shore of it and ended up about a mile out to sea from it. and a few times we had to move fast to avoid headbutting bits of reef which jumped out of the gloom at us at high speed.

got an even dozen scallops which are now shelled and sat in the fridge weigned in at 500g was more but i nibbled on one as i was shelling them. mmmm raw shelfish.
saw more but the speed we were going t if you issed it on the first pass then it was long gone.

sea was flatter than a very flat thing.vis was an acceptable 4m but a little dimpsy (cause i decided to leave the torch DOH)

water temp was being read by my sunnto viper as 9 degrees at 19m and 10 at the surface.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts