YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dedicated Lurker
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do people have their compass. I've been trying various places but am still not happy.

I have the SK7 on a wrist strap. If I put it on my wrist it sticks up too much. At the moment I have it attached to a ratchet thingy fastened to my waist strap.

Where do you have yours?

Lyv

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I had mine in a deepsea housing... on my wrist... but to be honest, for the amount of occasions it gets used I could just leave it in my drysuit pocket...I found it was just something extra to put on... something extra in the way when I'm puting my jacket on etc...

I have instead got an SM36 pressure gauge with the SK7 on the back. Still low profile and its always handy and I don't have to search to get it out.

·
Registered
8,035 Posts

·
Prime mate
264 Posts
My SK7 sits on my wrist, with thin, depth-compensating bungee loops instead of the rubber strap.

It's right there when I need it, and I don't have to stow it somewhere.

Can't think of a better place to put it!

It's not THAT big - is your arm cluttered or something? Does it really stick up that much?

:)

r

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Never liked a compass on wrist, or console

For open water I have SK7 on one of those retractor thingies coming down from my shoulder and secured in the velcro hose holder so it doesn't flap about anywhere ( I have my wing corrugated hose under my arm so it's available). I can easily get it if I need it and it retracts completely out of the way because the retractor gadget housing is totally held in the velcro.

I have my SK6 on a snoopy loop so I can stick it up my arm and pull it down over my hand, gripping, and using in the hand if needs be

Works for me :)

·
No longer open water diver
1,319 Posts
for all i use it it never seems worthwhile having it clutter up my arm, so i stow it in my drysuit pocket until needed, clipped to a bungee. it looks like this...

and when deployed it's clipped off like this...

i can let it go and it hangs handily...

or clip it off to a D-ring or back in my pocket. easy to hand off to a better navigator too!

the piston clip is brass, even though 316 stainless steel is supposed to be austenic all of the s/s clips i tried deviated the needle slightly.

each of the loops of yellow 1mm cord is independent, so if one breaks it won't fall off. in theory.

Al

·
Dark Side Member
131 Posts
For open water I have SK7 on one of those retractor thingies coming down from my shoulder and secured in the velcro hose holder so it doesn't flap about anywhere ( I have my wing corrugated hose under my arm so it's available). I can easily get it if I need it and it retracts completely out of the way because the retractor gadget housing is totally held in the velcro.
I've done the same with my SK7, I got fed up with it on my wrist so I pulled the strap off and put a couple of bungee loops on it in place of the strap (similar to Al Kennedy's pictures).

Clip it onto a ratchet thingy-ma-jig which in turn is clipped onto a D ring near my shoulder, it's then out of the way but easy to get to when needed.

Hope this helps

TB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.