YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the moment i have a Suunto Vyper which I find fine for the diving I have been doing upto date however, Im now just about to enter the realms of deeper diving with deco and gas switching which the Vyper cannot do.

I cannot see myself going down the trimix route for at least another 18 months to 2 years at the moment or going onto a rebreather in the near future due to time and cost.

So I've been looking at either a VR2 or VR3, if you buy an OC Nitrox model can they be upgraded to Trimix or CC at a later date therefore keeping initial cost down and just getting what i need for the kind of diving im intending to do now.

Thanks

Gareth

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Yes you can upgrade the software, but it costs. They are in my opinion one of the best avaliable. There are plenty of threads on here and all the information you could wish for....its a top choice good luck....buy new they hold thier value well. The newest software is 5.5 and the colour screen is worth the extra.

Reactions: gwilson

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bret at Dive life was telling me they have just released a new firmware revision, it's something like 2007/V1. It came out 2 weeks ago.

Best contacting him or Delta P to confirm what it gives you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
vr3

must agree with twinset dood,the vr3 is one of the best on the market but they can be non user friendly at times,maybe look at what type diving u like or hope to do now or in the future as the vr3 will grow as u grow.

·
I went DIR... but my bungies pulled me back!
400 Posts
The latest VR2 can now be updated to allow the use of normoxic trimix, it can also do OC and CC. Unless your planning on heading to serious depths then this could be a good choice. They are available for alot less than a new VR3 (best price I have found is just over £400).

Food for thought

Darren

1 - 6 of 6 Posts