·
I provide much-needed sarcasm.
4,099 Posts
hi ive got a vyper 2 and can never hear any alarms

ive gone past the max depth,gone into deco and not heard a single beep
am i a bit deaf
is my vyper a duff one
is there any way to check
I can't hear either of my computers in the UK either with the hood on. They definitely work that. I can hear them loud and clear when I've got no hood.

The solution is obviously to go somewhere warm on holiday :D

Jason

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
I have a Vytec and could never hear the alarms either - then I changed my hood to a thinner one.

I can hear it now :)

·
3,241 Posts
So can the rest of us!

dit-dit-dit-daah-daah-daah-dit-dit-dit

:D
You know who your friends are don't you :frown:
Hey Mick, I hear you are diving solo at Rathlin :D
You and your noisy yellow box can have fun all by yourself, well since we are talking about bleeping computers...

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
You know who your friends are don't you :frown:
Hey Mick, I hear you are diving solo at Rathlin :D
You and your noisy yellow box can have fun all by yourself, well since we are talking about bleeping computers...
Must be the model. I've got an Aladin Pro and it beeps like a b_stard. (on most dives)

·
Member - that's what they tell me!
327 Posts
Do lots of people rely on a "beep" to stop themselves from going into deco or exceeding their max depth? I woul dhave thought this was a problem just waiting to happen.
Not me. I can only hear mine when warmwater diving and if away with the club, who mostly use the same make of puter, everybody’s is going into deco at the same time and normally just as we are all heading back to the shot. You end up checking your puter every time somebody else’s is going off, PITA to be honest.

·
3,241 Posts
Do lots of people rely on a "beep" to stop themselves from going into deco or exceeding their max depth? I woul dhave thought this was a problem just waiting to happen.
No, not me either. It does bleep automatically when you exceed the set PPO2 level.

But I do know a guy that sets his so it reminds him when he has to think about finding the shot again. Me, I just keep an eye on all my times, pressures, depths etc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.