YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to you all. I've not been around for ages. Lot's has been going on......

Anyway, something rather bad has happened and I need to find out if when you look at your internet history, is there any way of finding out the time in which sites are looked at?

The way ours works is, click on GO (at the top of the page) then select HISTORY, we have ours set up so that you can see what has been looked at day by day and then week by week.

In a nut shell, it looks like Richard's 12 year old has accessed some VERY naughty websites and we need to confront him with as much evidence as we can.

Before anyone sugests that it could have been Richard, he's not thick enough to leave the 'evidence' lying around for me to find, he would have deleted the history. His son hasn't got a clue how to do that. Besides, his reaction to me telling him wasn't that of someone who had been 'caught'.

Thanks if you can help!!

· Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im guessing your not using Internet Explorer?, but to do this in internet explorer you get the history column down the left hand side by cliking View > Explorer Bar > History

Once this is up you can right click on the individual site and click properties, this should then bring up the time.

Go easy on him :redface:
Not sure going easy on him is going to be an option. Richard didn't sound at all happy.

I tried the right clicking, but no PROPERTIES appears.

I think ours is Mozilla Firefox

· Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kate if you think it is the lad then no need to get the times the sites were accessed, just confront him and bluff him out.
This might sound a silly question, but how do you bluff them out?

· Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had a look and it is very much like u-tube only...not. It is VERY graphic and is like they are home done and been uploaded.

· Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cant remember where with mozilla firefox as i have'nt got it loaded at the mo. but there is an option under IE (internet options) to look at the cookies / temp internet files these are timestamped.
IF you do remember (PLEASE) please let me know! Putting a time line on it Richard and I will be able to know where all of the kids were at around those times.

· Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hope you get it sorted Kate and don't forget to post a link to the sites in question so all your respectable friends on YD can...err.. avoid them...:wink:
Thanks and will do

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.