YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I'm considering buying a used Suunto Solution computer, it's just has the battery done is is good condition and has the manuals as well.

I'm assuming it's the non-nitrox alpha model, any views, advice, warning etc...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Imported post

I've got one - been using it for 6 months or so.  No real problems with it - the audio alarm on slows is a bit quiet.  Sometimes takes a wee bit of patience when trying to call up logs for previous dives though

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I bought a second hand one about a year ago - no problems with it.  It's fairly simple to use under water (i.e. you don't need to do anything) but above water the contacts can be a pain (easily fixed though - rub them with a pencil eraser, sorted).

I've got the PC interface for it, which makes it all the better (so I can download my dives and look at the nice ggraph).

It's not as 'fully featured' as newer 'puters with changeable gas mixes and RF contents gauges, but it's a lot cheaper, it works and it's configurable to give a more conservative ND limit (using the altitude setting).

I've got the manual in PDF format somewhere, drop me a PM if you want it to help in your deliberations.  I've also seen the instructions for a home made PC interface on the 'net somewhere, if the one you are thinking of buying doesn't come with one.

Andy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Well I took the 'plunge' (pun intended) and went out and bought it, one set of covers and and a quick clean of the contacts and it's looking like new (almost)

Should be testing it out in the pool tonight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts