YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hello Folks,

Dave Crampton (Dave C) and myself are diving Conger Alley on Wednesday evening or night, depending on traffic.

If you wish to join us, PM Dave or myself and we'll give you the details.

It would be nice to put some faces to the names. The more the better.

Thanks,

/Colin.  

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>We're doing an RV at the Pitstop in Arrachar, anyone know what time it closes? Colin I think I'll be bringing a friend along too. Chris Lock, is a first rate diver who I've dived with a couple of times on night dives at Congar. Not that I don't know the site myself by now, heaven knows I've dived there so many times myself. He took me along on my first night dive there and I thought as he works in the LDS 6 days a week I'd ask him if he wants to join us.

See you Wednesday,

Oh and the last time Chris and I were at Congar at night, we were buzzed by a seal, Fantastic!! Chris nearly needed a new undersuit

Dave C

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Dave,
      Have you been in the Caves? Can you safely find your way about them?

Peter

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Chris,

Congar Ali is a small rocky reef on Loch Long. Loch Long is on Scotlands west coast and starts at Arrachar and ends in the Clyde as it turns south, opposite Gourock and Dunoon. Its about 2.5 - 3 hours from where you are. Its not a very special dive site except that its very independant of tide and weather. You can almost guarrentee a dive there.

Dave C

G

·
Imported post

Chris should know the caves well enough, be surprised if he doesn't.
Although it is a number of years since I did them and always as a night dive in the winter I am sure we just went in under the bridge, down to 27-30m and went south till bored/halfway thru air/running out of time then turned nth at 15-17m and came back to the bridge. and up the slope.
The only hazard I remember is fishing line and hooks from the many anglers that fish there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts