YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having sent my Tec back because the IR port didn't work, I am trying to get hold of SP UK to find out what they are going to do with it and what sort of timescales I can expect the repair/replacement.

I have their address but BT doesnt have a business listed there.

Anyone got a phone number for them?

Regards

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Thought I had the number as I contacted them a couple of years ago, but they are normally very good at responding to emails.

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mal but that didn't work for some reason, but the number listed here did.

:D I will be getting my Tec 2G on Friday when I get back from France!! :D :)

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
I am trying to get hold of SP UK to find out what they are going to do with it and what sort of timescales I can expect the repair/replacement.
Good luck! When I sent my Aladdin Air back to have a contact repaired they tried to make me upgrade (£350) it by claiming that they would have to replace the system board and housing. In the end I sent it to DiveQuip who repaired it for £35.

PS....try 01256 812636

EDIT.....oops....just clicked your link!

·
Doyen of the Dodgy Dances, whilst being too legit,
1,635 Posts
See you have the number now, but Scubapro are in Basingstoke not Reading which is probably why you couldn't find the number initially

Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
You will probably get a different unit back, so make a note of the new serial # and don’t forget to redo the Tx/Rx pairing. Scubapro/Uwatec UK don't seem to have enough people to repair everything. I think there’s only a couple of people there, a bird on the phone and a bloke to fix stuff.

It's OK if you get a new unit, but sometimes you get an different version which you don’t like. They do this all the time. I didn’t believe what I’d heard about this until I had to send my old Air-X in for a new battery, but Scubapro said it got damaged when they opened it and they replaced it with a Air-Z instead – an inferior unit IMO.

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You will probably get a different unit back, so make a note of the new serial # and don’t forget to redo the Tx/Rx pairing. Scubapro/Uwatec UK don't seem to have enough people to repair everything. I think there’s only a couple of people there, a bird on the phone and a bloke to fix stuff.

It's OK if you get a new unit, but sometimes you get an different version which you don’t like. They do this all the time. I didn’t believe what I’d heard about this until I had to send my old Air-X in for a new battery, but Scubapro said it got damaged when they opened it and they replaced it with a Air-Z instead – an inferior unit IMO.
Nope, I have spoken to Scubapro direct and they have sent out a Tec G2 which is superior model to the Tec. The Tecs had a problem with the IR port failing and they have realised this and are sending out the G2s to replace them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts