YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I presume this can be done?

Does anyone know if there are any problems with having an old Apeks TX50 O2 serviced (for mixes up to 100%)???

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
Most of my regs are TX40's, I have used all of them with pure O2. I've never had them put in O2 service (by a shop :) but I do clean and lube them myself). I've never had a problem with any of them, oldest being about 15yrs old (T40, before they added the 'X'). The standard service kit is of O2 compatible components so I would doubt if there would be any problem in getting a TX50 put into oxygen service, it's more or less the same reg and service kit.

Cheers,

Stuart

Reactions: 4823

·
Wreck Enthusiast
4,161 Posts
I believe it can be done - it just needs cleaning and O2 compatible parts fitting where necessary.

Mine's in the LDS at the moment for exactly this, so I hope it can be done!

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys....greenies incoming.....I was pretty sure you could but wanted to make sure there weren't any issues.

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Sorry to jump in here.

How much extra is it to get them o2 cleaned. I need to get a 1st and 2nd serviced and was gonna get them o2 cleaned at the same time.

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
It shouldn't cost much extra if anything at all.

The service kit is O2 compatible out of the bag, with the exception of the first stage A-clamp filter and any decent service shop should be using O2 compatible grease.

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
It shouldn't cost much extra if anything at all.
Unless you ask for O2 service in which case they'll probably do exactly the same but add on a tenner :D

·
Wreck Enthusiast
4,161 Posts
Sorry to jump in here.

How much extra is it to get them o2 cleaned. I need to get a 1st and 2nd serviced and was gonna get them o2 cleaned at the same time.
It's costing me 35 quid for an O2 clean and service for a stage reg (1st stage, 2nd stage, SPG).

Seemed a reasonable price to me and I was in a hurry so didn't shop around!!

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
It's costing me 35 quid for an O2 clean and service for a stage reg (1st stage, 2nd stage, SPG).

Seemed a reasonable price to me and I was in a hurry so didn't shop around!!
Sounds fair to me, although I doubt much will be done to the SPG ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts