YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to read other people's trip reports so I thought it is only fair to let you know about our 2 week hol to Coraya Beach Hotel and diving with Coraya divers. This was our 2nd trip to Marsa Alam with our previous trip being with Red Sea Safari at Marsa Shagra. As a dive outfit I would personally recommend them as they offer so many different time options throughout the day, such as 7.00am early which gets you back on the beach/breakfast at 9.30 or 8.00am shore dive/ half day boat/ full day boat/ 10.15 boat. Then the afternoon dives begin at 13.00/ 13.30 and 15.30 and every other evening is a night dive. This meant that although I did 20 dives over 2 weeks I could mix and match to spend time with non diving wife on the beach (much to her dismay:teeth: ). The dive centre is German run but the instructors are all kept busy with ow/aow/rd courses which leaves the Egyptian dive masters to take out the trips. They are all pretty good natured and professional. The diving itself is exactly what you would expect from Marsa Alam with a good dose of Eagle Rays, Turtles, Crocodile fish and all the usual suspects. I only did Elphinstone once this year as it take 2.15 hours on a day boat but the conditions that day were perfect with no current at all and dead calm. Only one Hammerhead to report but it was the closest encounter I've had as it came in to a probable 5m distance (which I caught on video:thumbs_up: ) My wife came out a couple of times on the day boats to snorkel and had a close encounter with some Dolphins which came to play around the boat which she was obviously chuffed about. I made use of the free EAN32 and the rental equipment from what I saw looked OK. So there you are, I Hope I didn't bore you too much, thanks for reading, Mr&Mrs Whistler

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.