YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A short trip report & a :thumbs_up: to XL Airways

1. Five go to Corfu (me, wife, son, daughter, daughter's bf)
2. XL give you 20Kg pp allowance and an extra 10Kg pp if you show a qual card - showed 3 cards ;) and got an extra 30Kg between the 5 of us (result). Needed it cos I took the Sub with me and (just over )5Kg of Sorb :embarassed: - plus my son's wing, regs, dsmbs, etc
3. Delayed 3hrs at Manchester going out cos of some problem with the previous flight (isn't there always?) but the flight took nearly an hour less than expected!
4. Got off the plane last Mon to "**** this is hot" - Tues/Weds averaged at 110F in the shade!!!, the rest of the week in the high 90s!
5. Dived with Nautilus - small diving operation on the East Coast - but we dived off a small RHIB off the West Coast (interesting cross country drives in the back of a Landrover). Great to see the faces of Belgians, Germans when I turned up with the RB :teeth: esp when they were on single 10s :embarassed: (why did I take the RB? cos I'm trying to rack up the hrs and short of staying at home / driving down to gloucester :teeth: I thought I'd take it somewhere warm)
6. Diving OK, but not much to see - even in the way of (well) any form of marine life - some small barracuda, wrasse, lionfish etc, but *** all else
7. Most interesting dive was when the dive guide signalled for me to go into a small cave - i saw the (very) small opening and thought "I can get in there (I hope)"
a) Sub's can go with Inso's wouldn't fit!!!
b) Hose covers are GOOD (i.e. without them I would have completely b*****d the loop)
c) The Sub case looks good with scratches :embarassed:
d) Next time when a cave is pointed out, go round the corner and enter the cave through the LARGER entrance
8. Got back today, good trip - any diving is good :teeth: but won't be taking the RB to Corfu in a hurry - far too hot!!!

So, a big :thumbs_up: for the extra 10Kg per person in return for flashing 3 diver qual cards (good job the wife's name is Nick aswell :) )

·
Registered
767 Posts
Went to Corfu last year with Excel and Madeira the year before, 10kg extra both times. They seem to be pretty diver friendly and no worse than other "breadline" airlines.

David.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.