YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Off to Cornwall end Sept/beginning October and want to get a day of diving in. Can anyone recommend a good outfit - nothing teckie required.

Thanks,

Kristen

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Action Divers at Porthkerris.

There website appeared to be experiencing problems when I just tried it... but you can give it a try.

Action Divers

Telephone:

Fax:
01326 280620
01326 280877
01326 280620

Outside UK:
+44 1326 280620

Mobile:

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

And just to confuse you I would say Dive Action, at St Keverne.  Gary is a bit of a character but we have had some good dives with him and he certainly knows the area and the diving.

Actually, I never knew that the guys at Porthkerris were called Action Divers......I wonder who came first?  Bit naughty on someones part I would say!

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

They are also known as Porthkerris divers...

I suspect one of them was a spin off from the other and having a similar name might have helped with initial business.

Heard good things about Dive Action.  Only ever dived with Porthkerris/Action divers though and they were very good.  The shorediving where they are based is pretty good as well.

Daz

BTW.  Dive Actions number is 01326 280719

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

A good friend is a part time instructor with Looe Divers - and recommends it as being good. Also, it is within easy range of the James Eagan Layne (sp?).

If interested I can get their details or I am sure they have their own web site.

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Porthkerris divers - if only for Giles' driving...:D

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Finless, no offence to your friend, but my experience with Looe Divers was terrible.  It was earlier this year and I wrote a detailed letter of complaint to the boss, who has not deigned to even acknowledge it.  I would never recommend them to anyone after that.

Any good business would respond to a customer complaint, even if they disagreed with it.  If they don't it shows how much they care about you once they have your cash, in my opinion.

BTW - the letter included points that were, in the opinion of our group, downright dangerous, not merely inconvenient.

Cheers

Lou

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lou @ Aug. 08 2003,08:17)]Finless, no offence to your friend, but ........

Cheers

Lou
Lou,

Sorry to hear of the bad experience.

I will quiz my mate on it as I expect that when I get my act together I will actually take my diving kit next time I go to see him. I am not sure he will know anything abt it as I say he is an occassional part timer.

Is there anything you can let me know abt the probs - just the bare bones. E mail direct if you can.

I will not pass the info on to anyone I will just ask my mate if he knows about it. If you would prefer not to drag it up again then no worries.

My main concern is "if I go what should I look out for". The only thing that is likely to concern me would be danger with regards to being dropped in or being picked up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts