YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I took a spin through this on Sunday and it put the idea of diving it in my head. It has been done but it is well dodgy unless you know when and how to do it so I have been asking the various people I know have done it for advice. has anyone else here done it?
I am looking for as much info on tides,site details and any other problems so I can make up my my mind about how to do it.
Anybody?

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Speak to Dave Ainslie - he still drops on it a few times a year.

To get his detials do a web search for MV Porpoise.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

and if you fancy doing it from a RIB, I know a guy who runs the BSAC REDS scheme who dived it last year, he's probably going back again this year, so if you've got a minimum of 500 UK dives and experience of "serious drift dives" (his emphasis and requirements) post onto the BSAC forum FAO Andy Hunt, or maybe Graeme Bruce, who had that TV prog about him and his pals diving it.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Hi Rupert,
             There's a bit off good info. and drawings HERE.

Peter
PS-Is that banana looking thing in your avatar your shiny new toy?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

I know Dave and was intending to talk to him, Don't know Andy Hunt but have met Graeme Bruce.
I already know the basics of how and when, am just looking for any specific advice from someone who has done it to save learning the "wrinkles" of diving it the hard way. The only major question I haven't found an answer to yet is if there is any relevance in whether it is done flood or ebb tide all other things being equal.
 Suppose I better start looking for a suitable tide now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts