YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Cost of Nitrox in the Red Sea

589 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  John Gulliver 
#1 ·
Imported post

I'm booked on the Cyclone for a Red Sea wreck liveaboard in May.  I'm trying to find out how much nitrox costs on the boat.  I called Tony Backhurst and they said it was 'about $8 a fill' which sound steep to me, thats £5 a go, but I thought I had already paid for the air.  Other boats in the area offer a season ticket type thing which allows unlimited fills for a fixed price.

If anyone out there been on the cyclone recently any info on the cost and availibility of nitrox would be very helpful.

Cheers all

Darren

#2 ·
Imported post

From my times diving with Emperor Divers out of Sharm/Naama Bay, Nitrox was about $5 a pop, so $8, bearing in mind you're paying for the use of a sea-borne compressor etc. doesn't seem too outrageous.

You are right, though, a 'season-ticket' for this kind of gig does seem a very good idea and value for money - assuming you wanna get a ruck of diving in.

#3 ·
Imported post

Some friends and I are going on the Tiger Lilly at the end of May / beginning of June. They charge only $50 extra for the whole week for nitrox.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.