YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Cough and Chokers! - How you all getting on?

• Stopped then, and stayed stopped.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stopped then, and had one or two since

• Never bothered my arse even trying and never will

• Never bothered my arse trying, but would like to

• Never smoked, but want to vote anyway

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just wondering how all our YD smokers that tried to kick the habit are doing!

Peter

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>will try again, once I stop finding excuses to have one!!!!!!!!!!

·
Stability - in an ever spinning world
1,080 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>you need a new poll that excepts one of the tryed the cold turky....failed..after 2 years.i'll would like to blam that one on a friend

got the NHS free patches.. has saved my life,i've been clear now for 2 years and have no friends to push me back!!
but now im building my own rebreather?!?!?!?!?!?!?may be a death wish?!

narked at 90

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

I'm afraid I'm a "Never smoked but like to vote anyway" although my Dad has given up and is doing really well. He had stopped before but had a relapse about 25 years ago - thankfully he's stopped now.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Imported post

Would need one that said stopped, started, stopped, started, stopped, started, and maybe repeated that pattern for a bit.

At present totally clean since early June last year, since just after I bet the Gavster £50 I could go longer ythan him without using a tobacco product.

Best so far stopped for approx seven years before starting again.

Dougie

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

hey those bets are a good idea.. keeps both of you on the straight and narrow..:D
Stopped smoking about 17 years ago when i started going out with the bloke who bcame my husband, everytime i fancied a ciggy he snogged me instead. i can recommend it as a cure for smoking.
BUT
Even now if i am totally paralytic i still fancy a ciggy and if i actually have one i am sooooo sick the next day, i think the nicotine adds 300% to the hangover. This only happens about once a year.:D

·
Registered
313 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I failed  

But then tried again and i'll be two months on sunday  

Confident now.

Stu.

·
Heavily medicated, for your safety.
1,754 Posts
Imported post

Clean for just under six months & going strong!!

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Imported post

In the clear since the start of this year.
Do get the urge when I've had one too many, but not really the rest of the time.
Not a fan of self help type books usually, but Alan Carr's smoking one did help.

Dave.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Imported post

haven't had a single puff since new years eve after being one of those annoying social smokers since the age of 14.  

still miss it thou!  

·
Registered
263 Posts
Imported post

I was a so-called social smoker, on a night out I used to see how long I could last before buying cigarettes, then at about 1130 purchase my first pack , become totally engrossed in my packet of cigarettes, stop talking to people and chain smoke for the remainder of the evening !
Feel like crap in the morning !
So in my case it was antisocial, I now hate people smoking near me !

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Smoked as a young lad (many years ago - before Daz gets that one in  
), stopped ages ago, about 30yrs but still get the urge every now and again, awful isnt it that once hooked you might always be so. Never started again, so I suspect I wasnt addicted in the true sense. Wouldnt have the money now to dive and smoke, know which is better for me, but the wife doesnt like the smell of **** so I dive instead  

Keep going people, you know it makes sense.

Matt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts