YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Iam going abroad in a couple of weeks, whilst there i will be doing my deep dive speciality. I have holiday insurance which covers me for diving up to 30m, what i would like to know is, whilst doing the course am i right in thinking that the dive school insurance would cover me if things went wrong? I intend ammending my own insurance later in the year, I will not be doing a lot of deep diving but as a lot of you know its easy to go over the 30m mark and invalidate your insurance with dire consequenses, its for peace of mind for me.
Thanks, Colin.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Hi, Iam going abroad in a couple of weeks, whilst there i will be doing my deep dive speciality. I have holiday insurance which covers me for diving up to 30m, what i would like to know is, whilst doing the course am i right in thinking that the dive school insurance would cover me if things went wrong? I intend ammending my own insurance later in the year, I will not be doing a lot of deep diving but as a lot of you know its easy to go over the 30m mark and invalidate your insurance with dire consequenses, its for peace of mind for me.
Thanks, Colin.
I doubt it. The school insurance is most likely to cover them, not you.

If you think you might go deeper than 30m, get better insurance, be it Buddy, Dan, Westfield or whatever.

Adrian

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
You've awnsered your own question.

It's easy to go over 30m and on this course a very good chance you will.
So dont wait till later or take a chance, get a real dive Insurance that
doesnt specify depth, but simply states as long as you stay within the
standards of your grade, you will be ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts