YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hi guys,

Does anyone know somewhere in the East Mids or West Mids region where we could run the practical parts of a Practical Rescue Management course. Need to be able to launch the boat and have a shore area for shore rescues.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers guys,

Tim  

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Imported post

We did ours at Wraysbury near Heathrow. I know it's not Midlands but if I can keep trekking up to Stoney for drills and training you can trek down here for a change

There's no need to bring a boat as they have a couple of (very knackered) boats on the water. Make sure you give them a ring a week or two beforehand and they will make sure that they're pumped up.

Laters,
   Janos

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Imported post

Tim,

I have to say we (Leeds Uni) do not do the boat rescue part of the PRM. We use a silty jetski lake near Scunthorpe (still a bit far for you I know). You don't even have to go under the water if the conditions are not suitable - therefore is there a bit of slow flowing river you could use?

As I see it the most important part of the course is getting everyone organised, implementation of the plan and diagnosing the problem before doing a hand over to the emergency services.

Give me a shout if you need any ideas for scenarios.

Paul

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>is this the PRM course that's meant to be running in two week's time then tim?

this should be interesting  

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

Its all sorted for a location just waiting to get some confirmation. Jsut covering my arse by trying to find a fall back location.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Imported post

Where does your uni Sailing Club go for training sessions/whatever they do? We got together with our SC a few years back to organise a PRM - they should have power boat access too I imagine.

I have heard of clubs who run this course in a field, not even near any water!

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts