YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>HI,

3 of us are off to Cozumel next week, is there anything we need to be aware of?

dangers? must-do dives? etc etc

Cheers
Juz

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

I think Peter K might have some words of wisdom on what happens when you drink Tequila...:;):

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>sounds interesting - prey tell the gossip my lady!

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Dont forget your DSMB or flag - it can get busy and some of the drifts are awesome

I`ll be there in Feb....roll on.........dont forget to post a trip report

Have a great time

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Cozumel IS very popular with out transatlantic cousins, especiallt Texans, as it's only a couple of hours' flight. It's known colloqially as Houston South  
The americans are either excellent divers or numpties who only dive when on holiday every third or fourth year. You'll meet both kinds at Cozumel. The diving is pretty good by Caribbean standards (nowhere near as good as the best parts of the Red Sea). The u/w topography is very impressive and there are some strong currents. It's not unusual for divers to be lost and never found. I was in a group of 8 with a guide who were adrift for 45 minutes before another dive boat (not ours) spotted us and picked us up! Do take that smb and a good whistle, and make sure you have enough thermal protection – you can get very cold after 45 minutes drifting after a dive, even in comparatively warm water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts