1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Folks,

From Josie (my better half) on the planned trips page:

Well, they call it "crapnrainy" or something similar! It was gorgeously sunny and absolutely fab vis. Great dive (apart from my dry suit leaking!).

We stayed in Carnforth at the County Hotel on Saturday night. Nice little hotel, with a bath!! Good for post-diving. Not having been to Crapnrainy before and didn't know about the great cafe/restaurant they have, so we asked the hotel to make us a packed lunch each, which was huge!  

Me (Dave) again,

Yes it was great. The sun shone all day. The car park was only half full and the vis was great (10+ metres although I didn't have a tape measure). We arrived first thing and got a good spot near the middle box. The sun was shining and there was not a breath of wind. Frost first thing but that didn't stop us (the sight of workers breaking the ice on the water with a JCB did get us thinking..  ..only kidding  
) We got two dives in and had a good look around the shop. The facilities now are brilliant. Water was 9 degrees, two degrees colder than Anglesey the previous day. Met Sbuccilli and a couple of his dive mates from Leeds.

Dave C

1 - 1 of 1 Posts