YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just chatting with a couple of colleagues and the subject of "how many of the world cup matches wrere fixed" came up, my own cynical view was "as many as the bookies needed".
What do you guys think, at least those of you who care?

Pete

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Hadn't thought about it ............. I don't think any team are particularly under performing at this stage of the competition?

·
Banned
402 Posts
I find it very difficult to believe that Ireland beat Pakistan fair and square

Similarly bangladesh beating India and then south africa dosen't seem right either.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
I find it very difficult to believe that Ireland beat Pakistan fair and square

Similarly bangladesh beating India and then south africa dosen't seem right either.
"Against the odds" does happen ............... I don't know enough about it to really say if the losers did so deliberately............. I do remember the Hansie Crojner(sp?) affair .........

I really don't know. Is it only because of the Bob Woolmer murder that these thoughts are surfacing?

·
Registered
452 Posts
cricket world cup

very odd comp. I love cricket but the asian game does seem to be dogged with bribery and corruption. In addition to bob woolmer's death hasn't some other coach been poisoned? seems more than odd to me

·
1,773 Posts
I keep on hearing 'it's fixed' but if anyone acyually watched ireland v pakistan or the banglas beat sa you'd see that the reason they won was somemincredible fielding that is v difficult to fake.

Maybe men didn't land on the moon after all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts