YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

This just in from Noelia Nannini:

"I have just arrived from cuba where my dive centre organises trips every year and must say we had an excellent time. We had excellent weather and very good diving. The water is so clear in the southern part of cuba ..Playa Giron and Trinidad I felt like I was in a fish tank. This area major attractions are the abundant and varied corals, sea fans, gorgonians and the abrupt wall where the bottom just disappears. I must say the walls were magnificent with caves and passages starting at around 15 metres deep and ending at 50 metres....spectacular!!! I recommend Playa giron to anyone going over to cuba for diving, the water was so calm it looked like a swimming pool and the water temp was 31º C at 10-15 metres and 28 º c at 35 metres. Trinidad was also very good but the water was less clear.....hey but it was still unbelievable. Not like my usual diving of 10-15 metres vis. The colors of those fishes !!!!
The food.......wow . I had lobster cooked in 5 different ways for just 10 dollars. Fresh fish and fruit for four people for just 6 dollars.just unbelievable!! Coconut just picked from a tree on the beach.....very different to the one you get in supermarkets believe me. The meat in those coconuts is not half as hard as the ones you get in Europe. Its true we were over with our instructor who is half cuban and knows the right places and people. So it was all much easier.

As you can see I had an excellent time and hope to go back in March 2004."

Neolia can be contacted at:

[email protected]

·
Registered
563 Posts
Imported post

Anyone thinking of going better get over there soon. When Castro pops his clogs and goes to that great cigar factory in the sky, the Yanks will be back.

It`ll be all Aluminium tanks, brightly coloured wet suits, Oakleys and high fives after the 30 minute 7 mtr dive. Thats not to mention higher prices and fewer cigars.

Buy now, whilst stocks last.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Liz & I are going in Jan for two weeks, can't wait.  
:;)

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Interesting.

Ma bitch keeps on about going to cuba so l will be looking forward to your report Chris.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Cuba is next on our list but Nick has to learn to salsa first!
jules:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts