YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so we've had an 'All-Time #1 Greatest Album' thread but what's getting the most hammer on everyone's hi-fi/mp3 player at the moment? I'm always after something new for mine so lets hear what you've got!

I'll kick it off with:

Maximo Park: A Certain Trigger/Our Earthly Pleasures
The Fratellis: Costello Music

·
Registered
989 Posts
Listened to a lot lately as I have bin pulling some late ones to finsh off my dissertation:

Today I have mostly bin playing (In the style of Jesse from the fast show)

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon collie and the Infinite Sadness

The Beatles - White Album (Classic)

Islands - Return to the Sea (Quite Interesting, some odd tracks)

And after hearing the new manics song I have gone back to the Cardigans and bin playing

Cardigans - Super Extra Gravity,

Dan

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Ray Lamontagne: Trouble.

It's the best album I've heard for a long time.

Also Paulo Nutini: These Streets. A scottish singer who sings like a soulful black singer. I love it.

(probably rather "girly" for most of the hard rocking types)

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Worked from home on Monday, managed to play the entire Aimee Mann collection, including the iTunes Original :) She's just fantastic.

dan

·
I'm a country member
1,477 Posts
I have a few old favourites that I tend to listen to quite a lot, Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, Rammstein, Yes, Jethro Tull. I don't tend to buy a lot of "new" albums but saying that In the last couple of days I've been listening to Slunt and don't laugh! Lady Sovereign

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
Snow patrol- eyes open
Mark ronson- the 2nd album nota feckin clue what its called but its ace
arctic Monkeys - favourite worst nightmares.

and other assorted tracks thrown on there, pink, lilly allen, killers.

bit eclectic but that sums me up.

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
if the sun is shining - Buena Vista Social Club. Otherwise have been re-visiting my Billy Bragg collection a lot, particularly the Internationale.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I love these threads, they always get me thinking.

As a result I've just gone & dug out the Cranberries Stars (best of compilation). Genius :)

Smashing Pumpkins next up :)

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Currently have Keane in the car - Under the Iron Sea

Bought Kaiser Chiefs - Yours Truly Angry Mob and Mika at the weekend but haven't gotten round to listening to them yet.

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
Currently have Keane in the car - Under the Iron Sea

Bought Kaiser Chiefs - Yours Truly Angry Mob and Mika at the weekend but haven't gotten round to listening to them yet.
I have the Kaiser chiefs but need to put it on the player, and I am wanting to get Mika just not got round to it.
gwen stafanis new one sounds like it might be OK but I remember buying the No Doubt album as the track they released(Dont speak)was really good, unfortunately the rest of the album was cack.

MP3 has come into its own now I have a 'techsplosion' gadget for the car.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts