YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>I just heard that the shop will be opening under different owners and they will be doing technical gases too. As long as they are as friendly as the last owners that will be good for me! I know the guy in question and he says that it should be in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey John,

Being a 'Norvern Munkie', I haven't a Scooby to whom you refer! Any chance on a brief on these guys? N? S? SW?

Cheers,

·
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>OK, I forgot to put bristol. there are so many people on here that are from this area. the old place was run by Richard Bull, great mixed-gas techie diver. has a firm doing U/W video stuff, worked a bit on the Blue planet (I think)

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

That's good news about a new dive shop in Bristol - let's hope he/she will take a stand against the other shops in Bristol (some of you on this forum will know what I am talking about) and lower air prices - they will flood in!

Clownfish (just realised I am logged on as Daz!)

·
Banned
7,008 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>it was the only dive shop that you could walk into and ask for something an walk out with it,if not what you asked for but something completly different which did the same job

he also used to lend you kit when yours was in for service - but you never knew whos it was

one time richard even took his own rig apart so i didn't have to have a yellow octopus hose

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JohnDuncan @ Mar. 14 2004,20:07)]the old place was run by Richard Bull, great mixed-gas techie diver. has a firm doing U/W video stuff, worked a bit on the Blue planet (I think)
And he was the singer/bass player wih the 1970's group "The Kursaal Flyers" who sang that song "Little does she know that I know that she knows that I know....etc"   lyrics

·
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>and also played with the band that accompanied Sydney Devine (he is world famous in Scotland for people of a certain age) He always started singing when we met because i share my name with a Country and western singer (Johnny Duncan and the bluegrass boys)

·
Banned
7,008 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>Is current state open then?

anyone been in?

what's it like?

and is it at the same place?

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (beanie @ Mar. 18 2004,21:26)]it was the only dive shop that you could walk into and ask for something an walk out with it,if not what you asked for but something completly different which did the same job
Eh, it's obviously not completly different then, is it?

Peter

·
Banned
7,008 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ April 20 2004,10:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (beanie @ Mar. 18 2004,21:26)]it was the only dive shop that you could walk into and ask for something an walk out with it,if not what you asked for but something completly different which did the same job
Eh, it's obviously not completly different then, is it?

Peter
<font color='#8D38C9'>couldn't of been much more different I went in for a long hose and came out with a little adaptor

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Doesn't do the same jog then, does it? Sounds like a case of "Aye, we've not got one of them, buy this instead. You know you want it! You just havn't figured out what for yet".

Peter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts