YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Did anyone watch this programme on 5 last night, it was the Otter one with the Brit boys on. Excellent footage and far better than the one from the other week.

And of course you get to see heros in action, Zade who I used to see in the dive shop and Richie, who my friend Lou had a huge crush on.

A lot of hero worshipping going on last night

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

I thought the detail of how the ship was sunk was very good, but not enough footage of the exploration really. Great advert though for the YBOD, for those of us in the know.
All in though very good, none of that stupid over emphasis of every third word or repetition that we have seen on other programmes.

Matt

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Imported post

It seemed to be Diver TV last night here in Yorkshire.

At 7:30pm on BBC1 they showed a program called Inside Out Extra which had an article about the U-Boats (UB75 and UB41 I think) found by the two chaps from Scarborough BSAC and them diving on them in Scarborough bay (They're 20-miles north of Flamborough, so work it out). What I was impressed with, however, was the viz. Seemed to be pretty damn good (I've never seen viz like *that* in the north sea!) It must also be in one of the deeper bits because I'm sure the max depth in the north sea only gets to 110m or so (this wreck was at 60.7m according to the shot of the Aladdin Pro they showed you while the guy was decompressing)
They then went over to Keil in Germany (I've been there!!) where the U-Boat Archive is to let them know the co-ordinates of where they are (and they'll let the relatives of the 58 people killed know), and they got to see some pictures of the boats, and they showed the old chap who runs the archive the dive footage. He was really cut up!

(Updated) - The link to the story on the BBC web site (with pics) is here BBC Inside Out

The Britannic show was cool too. I never realised it was off Greece! That is one huge ship!

Mark.

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>shame there wasnt more of the diving footage, but in general the balance between the history of the White star line stuff and the diving was just about right. I was surprised how bright it seemed down there.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

No, I didn't - and I wanted to.

Please tell me it is being repeated soon.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Definitely the most interesting so far but apparently the best is still to come. There is another version of the Expedition on National Geographic that has just been screened in the States but we won't see it until Christmas.  Concentrates more on the diving and less on the history, so if it's better than last night's can't wait.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Got programme. Too much tosh about the ships being cursed and not enough of the diving and exploration. It must have cost loads to get the divers out there and diving it. so why not take advantage of what they brought back? There must have been less than 15 minutes of footage underwater altogether!

Suppose it's one of those not really aimed at divers programmes. Was very very big though. I wasn't expecting such good light down there.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>There is also a presentation at LIDS this weekend "Inside Britannic - the Final Secrets Unlocked -with Leigh Bishop and Teresa Telus.
It's listed as 12:30 to 13:30 (Platinum room 2) although in my experience the schedule is normally different to that published.
For more info you can check:-
Deep Image
LIDS

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Have to say I got the impression there was more to come as it seemed to finish a bit abruptly.  Here hoping  

FB

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>I thought it was very interesting! Even Tom liked it! When they penetrated the ship, Toms' face was a picture...'Bloody hell, I wouldn't go in there'

I had to giggle, because I would have LOVED to be the one going in!!!!!!!!

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Yup, lots better than the GUE one although i did not see all of it. Hopefully i'll see the rest on a re-run.

Paul

1 - 15 of 15 Posts