YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Does anyone have any experience of this in a single/twin bladder config with twin 12s?

The cheapskate alternative is a Redwing but the plumbing and coordination might geta bit hairy. Again thoughts and advice please.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Imported post

I have a CD TBD, and has only 6lbs of lift more, I have used it with twin 12's + 2 10l stages with ease. Mine is double bladder as most of my diving is done in wet suit so I need some redundancy, but you with a dry suit is an other question. Also to consider that with twin 12's you will remove weight from weightbelt so you don't need high lift in bladder. Eg me from a steel Faber 18l to steel Faber twin 12's I remove 8kgs.

Regards

Pierre

·
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Thanks Pierre but don't assume that all over here in the UK are wimps - I use and prefer wet suits (semi dry=young unsullied wet). I have used/owned drysuits over the years but find the wet easier to live with even down to 4/5 degrees. Might weaken again soon as age and sense creep up.

Cheers

·
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Thanks Ian - it looks a good bit kit and must be better than your standard Commando

·
Registered
32 Posts
Imported post

Yeah its a crackin' bit of kit and will see you through any level of diving that you wish to do.  I have the double bladder type - bit of extra redundancy for not much more moola I payed £460 for mine.  If you get one you will enjoy using it.

Good luck and safe diving

Ian Daly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts