YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I bought twin 12's from my LDS (Seadog in Huddersfield) in April this year. Took advice from Malcom (the 'techie' owner) and had a twin-booted and manifolded system using Scubapro bands to secure the tanks to the wing (same system he was trying out). Turns out my tanks were twisting slightly and putting stress on the manifold. Took it back and got:

Twin bands PLUS new manifold PLUS single boots for a meagre £30. Any other store would have told me to F%^K off because it wasn't their problem. Top work fellas - superb store to shop at because they REALLY care about the well-being of their customers.

Can really recommend them if you are after kit in the north (east) of Enagland.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Another thumbs up, this time for Apeks....

I sent that ATX200 I keep giving off about to them on Tuesday. Thursday afternoon there's a message on my phone saying that they have converted the reg to DIN (at my request and cost, yoke's fer strokes y'know!) and have improved the performance and will send it back ASAP with a letter explaining the changes....

Can't wait to try it out......

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Turns out my tanks were twisting slightly and putting stress on the manifold.
<span =''>

How did the effects of this manifest? Are these scubapro bands SS ? I ask as I've got manifolded twins with SS bands (don't know which brand, no ID on them, manifold is MDE) but had assumed that any stress would be taken up by the bands not the manifold.

Always pleased to hear about a shop where you can get quality service, I'm not impressed with most of the LDS on Tyneside.
Regards

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Cheers, I wondered if that was the case, so shouldn't be anything to worry about with SS bands (thankfully)
Steve

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Cheers, I wondered if that was the case, so shouldn't be anything to worry about with SS bands (thankfully)
Steve

·
235 Posts
Imported post

I likewise am much impressed with Sea Dog.   Some time last year I took in my cylinder for testing and they shipped it over to ROHO where it was temporarily mislaid.   Not the fault of Sea Dog but as I was setting off on a trip they loaned me a 15lt which appeared nearly new free of charge.   When I got my own cylinder back they had even put a net on it - okay it was a rather fetching shade of pink (are they trying to tell me something :))   Okay I spend money with them - I think my last big purchase was Mals old hood (£2) having managed to loose mine at Trearddur Bay.  
I am a great believer in suppporting your local dive shop if they give you good service on the old principle of use it or lose it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts