YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

If like me you've just received the summer edition of "The Lifeboat" (RNLI members mag) you may have spotted the piece on page 3 where some lowlife sh*** have stolen a £20k RNLI lifeboat from the car park of a Hartlepool  hotel whilst it was  en route to Sunderland as a replacement for their ageing  vessel.

As the mag went to press the thieves were still at liberty.

Hopefully, as the boat is big and red, with a fairly limited "market" these scuzzbuckets will still get their collars felt by "Plod".

So if you are offered a cheap boat by some A-hole who doesn't know their transom from their tiller, grass them up to the Rozzers ASAP.
Chee-az
Steve

PS if the "monkey hanging" reference goes over your head, feel free to ask for more details

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ July 07 2003,20:58)]PS if the "monkey hanging" reference goes over your head, feel free to ask for more details
OK, I'll ask and look stupid.

Anyway, I'm only small so most things go over my head.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

Anything to do with a bunch of Hartlepool ******** mistaking a ship wrecked ship's monkey for a Napoleonic sailor and hanging it? (Bit of a slur on monkeys IMHO!)

The ironic thing is they do this and then 200 years later they elect a monkey as their member of parliament (Mandelson) and then, I understand, they elect a man in a monkey suit as Mayor (or something similar). Got to be something in the water!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

THat's it in a nutshell Jay: at the turn of the 18th/19th centuries, England was poised for a potential invasion by the little dictator "Bony", of course in those days if you told someone the french were hairy long-armed people who didn't speak anything resembling a proper language, they didn't have any frame of reference.
As the history books would have us believe, a circus was travelling via ship and got wrecked, a chimpanzee tastefully decked out dressed in a little military style uniform (as was, sadly, common until fairly recently) was washed up onto the shore. THe local slack-jawed yokels (inbred to this very day)  reckoned he looked funny, didn't speak english so he must be a French spy. He was put on trial and hanged in the town square. So.. if you ever meet someone from Hartelpool who gets on yor nerves, just do a chimp impression and  see how they take it.
Now, if they'd done that to Peter Mandelson, they might have eventually been forgiven...
Chee-az
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts