YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there a thread on the Cutty Sark fire ? Apologies if there is ( I did search)

How awful :sad:
Yet another thing I meant to do. I was supposed to visit the Cutty Sark when I was at junior school and it never happened. It became one of the things 'to do' that gradually I'm finding I can't.

I wanted to fly on Concorde, visit Windsor safari park, go into space ......... oh, I can still do that :p

Anyway, what a tragedy. I wonder if they might sink the remains somewhere for us :rolleyes:

·
Lord Protector of the Pies and Defender of the Bee
1,021 Posts
What else is on your to do list?

·
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
The worlds slowest sailor.
2,970 Posts
i hope they rebuild her.

artificial reefs are best made from ford fiesta's or silicon implants.

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
Is there a thread on the Cutty Sark fire ? Apologies if there is ( I did search)

How awful :sad:
Yet another thing I meant to do. I was supposed to visit the Cutty Sark when I was at junior school and it never happened. It became one of the things 'to do' that gradually I'm finding I can't.

I wanted to fly on Concorde, visit Windsor safari park, go into space ......... oh, I can still do that :p

Anyway, what a tragedy. I wonder if they might sink the remains somewhere for us :rolleyes:

sfunny i always wanted to be shot into space, if my dad had been quicker I might have :)

back on topic, it is always saddening when you don't do the things you planned on doing as they have disappeared, or are no longer open. I have a huge list of 'things to do before I die' with not much ticked off.

·
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sold my ticket to see The Queen at Wembley when Freddie was at his best.
WHY oh WHY did I do that? :frown:
and I declined tickets to George Michael when he was performing all sexy in leather and denim .................................................................. 'cos I was revising for some exams :eek:mg:

I did get to see him after that but he'd moved on to sensible trousers and being 'tame' :frown:

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
I have been working with the Cutty Sark project for several months. I am acting a a consultant on the reconstruction of the pitch pine and teak planks using epoxy resins. I was there on Friday and met a few more of the craftsmen working on the project. They are a joy to work with and I really feel for them right now as this must be a devastating blow.

I haven't been able to contact the site manager yet to get a hands on assessment of the damage but i am aware that a lot of the planking was moved to a couple of warehouses down the road.

If I get any news ill let you know.

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
I have been working with the Cutty Sark project for several months. I am acting a a consultant on the reconstruction of the pitch pine and teak planks using epoxy resins. I was there on Friday and met a few more of the craftsmen working on the project. They are a joy to work with and I really feel for them right now as this must be a devastating blow.

I haven't been able to contact the site manager yet to get a hands on assessment of the damage but i am aware that a lot of the planking was moved to a couple of warehouses down the road.

ATB

Mark Chase
Thanks mark

Would be really interested to hear from those in the know :)

·
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

ATB

Mark Chase

Thanks Mark :thumbsup:

and Cool :shade:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts