YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

All
Am working on an updated version of my DiveCalcs application, and am trying to include help and links to it.
I have added the facility for trimix top-ups (air) thanks to Skipper, and am now working on the facility to top up with trimix (i.e. change mix) (thanks to AndyP for that).
My question - are there any webistes that list cylinder weights (preferably both steel and ali), so that anyone attempting to use the cylinder bouyancy calculator will have a point of reference for the actual cylinder weight?
If anyone wants a copy of this, let me know and I'll let you know once it's ready and uploaded to my club's site for download.
Regards, and dive safe
Martin

·
Very Senior Member
1,908 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MartinS @ Jan. 29 2004,14:10)], and am now working on the facility to top up with trimix (i.e. change mix)
oh err....

wwonderful thing about math is that it works......... wouldnt do trimix top offs without a helium analyser myself

Anyway  cylinders ;

Links to the 2 big ones

Luxfer

Faber

Regards

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>been looking at the faber cylinder specifications, for example here

am i correct in assuming that only the cylinders with 'UK' in climatic area column are found in this country? i've been thinking about weights, and, more importantly, i might be getting some stainless steel bands made, so i'd like to make sure i'm looking at the right thing!

cheers, kate

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>thanks that looks interesting, but i'm really more concerned about the diameters.....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Imported post

Hi Kate, I meant it as a response to Martin's original request. You're right, the site does not give diameters. When you get onto the subject of SS twinning bands, I did some research on best quality/price and ended up buying a pair off Agir www.agir-brokk.com . They also give some standard cylinder diameters which may help you with your calculations.

HTH

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hi Kate, I meant it as a response to Martin's original request.
that would make sense then  

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]When you get onto the subject of SS twinning bands, I did some research on best quality/price and ended up buying a pair off Agir www.agir-brokk.com . They also give some standard cylinder diameters which may help you with your calculations.
thanks, i'll have a look. or rather, i'll get the (very nice and kind and lovely) family member who might be making them for me to have a look!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Skipper @ Jan. 29 2004,15:02)]wwonderful thing about math is that it works......... wouldnt do trimix top offs without a helium analyser myself
David
Agreed, but I'm enjoying the headaches programming it all  

I'll put you down for a copy then  

Thanks for the links as well, but I think I'll use Frogkicks - the same routine as used by Dominic and myself has most of the data there - what's the point of re-inventing the wheel.
Cheers all - just the ticket
Martin

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]wwonderful thing about math is that it works......... wouldnt do trimix top offs without a helium analyser myself
Nor would I where it helps is when you are getting a mix done and the guy just stands there blowing off £25 worth of gas. It is kinda fun to ask why. Some have a valid reason, others just stutter...............

Andrew

·
Very Senior Member
1,908 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (andyp @ Jan. 29 2004,16:35)]others just stutter...............

Andrew
Caution - this is not politically correct!

How do Monkeys stutter?    

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Skipper @ Jan. 29 2004,17:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (andyp @ Jan. 29 2004,16:35)]others just stutter...............

Andrew
Caution - this is not politically correct!

How do Monkeys stutter?    
g-g-g-g-g-gimme a ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nana?

(sorry)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts