Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

As its nearly Friday and I'm already bored (if your thinking of becoming a Chartered Surveyor, don't do it!) I thought of another poll as I wondered what the most common cylinder setup was ?

I have voted but as the system only allows 1 vote, I've gone for my usual setup of twin 10's, but also dive twin 12's.

What do you dive with ?

wwd

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

OK! OK! I admit it!

The guilt has got to me. I voted twin 10s + sidemount, when I don't sidemount. I backmount (in the Toblerone config).

Did I do wrong? Should I have voted for other? The indecision!

Even worse, should I have voted for what I will be diving (hopefully) after LIDS?

It's a tough life if you are honest.

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Generally 15 + pony for the first one and a 12 + pony for the second one...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finless @ Mar. 18 2004,11:21)]OK! OK! I admit it!

The guilt has got to me. I voted twin 10s + sidemount, when I don't sidemount. I backmount (in the Toblerone config).

Did I do wrong? Should I have voted for other? The indecision!
Don't sweat it honey  

i don't even own a tank - gasp!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i don't even own a tank
I wish I did. A Leopard Mk2 Main Battle Tank, road legal 'n all.

Sorry, wwd, I too am bored and a bit hacked off with life, so I'm just going around talking bollocks.

Moving along...

tas

·
Registered
274 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tas @ Mar. 18 2004,12:14)]Sorry, wwd, I too am bored and a bit hacked off with life, so I'm just going around talking bollocks.
mate - your details say you live in Mauritias - wanna swap lives?  I'd love to be bored there!  

PS  tanks, cylinders - whatever!  In my next life I want to be a mermaid!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Imported post

I dive on a single 10 and a pony - but to make up for the lack of volume they are 300bar.  

Find the physically smaller cylinder is more comfortable for a short girlie like me, and cause it is narrower than a dumpy 12 has a better centre of gravity

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>A simple 15 ltr + pony for me
Sufficient for the diving I like to do, generally down to 30-35m

Wings and twinsets might send the wrong message to my missus....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suzanne @ Mar. 18 2004,16:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (tas @ Mar. 18 2004,12:14)]Sorry, wwd, I too am bored and a bit hacked off with life, so I'm just going around talking bollocks.
mate - your details say you live in Mauritias - wanna swap lives?  I'd love to be bored there!  

PS  tanks, cylinders - whatever!  In my next life I want to be a mermaid!
suze,

just checked your profile: you're offering "girly lunches with lots of wine"...christ that's tempting.

I wasn't being funny about the whole tanks/cylinders/bottles stuff...I was just day-dreaming about driving a ruddy big tank around a muddy field.

And you probably wouldn't want to swap places with me just at the minute, because then that would mean that you would soon be returning to the UK!

Sorry. Should probably answer the poll.

Une bouteille de douze litre, sans "pony" as they say round these parts.

hugs and kisses

tas

·
Registered
274 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tas @ Mar. 18 2004,13:07)]And you probably wouldn't want to swap places with me just at the minute, because then that would mean that you would soon be returning to the UK!
My sincerest condolances  

xx

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Single 15 L x 232 bar and 3 L x300 bar pony or single 10 L x 300 bar and same pony.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Imported post

I personally like to drive on my own.

I can have the window down if I want, I can listen to Radio 2, I can exceed the speed limit if I fancy it, and I can leer at women in short skirts driving soft top sports jobbies.

And that's why I prefer to drive alone!

Shall I get my coat now?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Martyn Ward @ Mar. 18 2004,13:45)]I can listen to Radio 2
Now some people might snigger at that, but it's cool isn't it
  Thats what we have on all day, every day at work and they play The Stones, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Cream Lynard Skynard, Blue Oyster Cult and even the odd bit of The Smiths, I've even once heard them play Bachman Turner Overdrive
  Absolutely Poptastic mate

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Not arf. Radio 2 rocks...

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Thought this was about what tinnies you dive with?

Twin 10's (indies), plus i have twin 12's if my legs will take it.  Plus a 3l and a 7l for deeper stuff (side mounted to make me swim like a half dead goldfish)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Porg @ Mar. 18 2004,19:08)]Thought this was about what tinnies you dive with?
Yes indeed.

Sorry about that, 'twas a moment of madness.

I normally dive with a 15 and pony or 12 and pony.

(At this point I was going to say something daft like I once did it with twins and a pony but the farmer saw me and called the police
 but I,m not sure wether I can be bothered)

I've recently been giving thought to using a 15 with a front slung 7 for deeper stuff but aren't sure how to go about it.

Will those nice people on the equipment forum tell me?

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Martyn Ward @ Mar. 18 2004,20:33)](At this point I was going to say something daft like I once did it with twins and a pony but the farmer saw me and called the police
 but I,m not sure wether I can be bothered)
Or indeed twin ponies. Now I've never seen a phot of that.

I dive twin 12s (inverted) and they're great. Very stable in the water. I would have thought that if you're going to go for a 15 and a 7, it would be better to just bite the bullet and dive 12s?  

Laters,
   Janos

1 - 20 of 29 Posts