YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Quick question about Cyprus: Has anyone dived the Jubilee Shoals? My buddy and I are considering either doing a third day on the Zenobia, or diving the Jubilee Shoals site.

I believe it has some caves to poke around in. Maybe Octopus.

Other question relating to this, will the dive operators take a BSAC Sports Diver? I believe maximum depth is 42m. Is there plenty to see in the 35m - 38m range? My buddy is a Dive Leader so won't have a problem himself.

Safe diving,
Tom :)

·
Registered
16,208 Posts
Yep, dived it. It's a decent site, with a cave to go through, but you'll struggle to get someone to take you through it. Most of the centres I am aware of out there wouldn't know where it is anyhow, and Cydive (who are one of a couple that run trips as far as I'm aware) aren't likely to take you in without a ticket.

The Zenobia is where you want to be. There's very little to see at those depths. In all honesty I'd dive the Zen and then look at sites like the Vera K or the Achilleas. They're shallow wrecks where you can spend an hour poking around the things.

Dive operators out there are used to seeing BSAC books. Most have BSAC divers in their number anyhow. Sports Diver is no problem, you can see most of what there is to see in the top 35m anyway.

Digs.

·
No longer a Scapa Virgin
2,115 Posts
Have to agree mate, I did two days on the Zen in July and still didn't see all of it. I saw Cydive mentioned in an earlier post. This is who we dived with and I have to say they were very friendly and professional. As we had already done one day on the Zen when it came to the second the guide (Maria) showed us some different sights on the wreck rather than the "touristy" bits (although the tourist bits are well worth looking at as well!)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Jubille shoal is a wall dive. There is a diving center in Pissouri (it's the next bay) that organises trip there. I'll try to find their website and contact numbers and I'll send a message.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.