Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advise on who to use? (or who not too) for October

BRS would be best, possibly LGW or BHX

TIA
G

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I go to Cyprus a lot. Don't much care for the quality of the airline, just want it cheap as chips, so normally fly chav-air. a1travel.com, First Choice, Thomas Cook etc normally sort me out.

·
Diving in the sand
224 Posts
I fly with Cyprus Airways a lot. They are not too expensive and give 20kg free excess for diving equipment. They fly daily from LHR and once a week from Gatwick and Stanstead.

·
Technical instructor and dive guide
112 Posts
I second (third) that - Cyprus Airways has always been me and the missus' choice - when we moved out here we got away with a SERIOUS amount of free excess baggage, despite being prepared to pay the extra on everything over the generous additional kgs that the airline gives for divers

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Just booked another flight to Cyprus. This time Cyprus Airways was cheapest and the nice lady on the phone said that divers get an additional 20 kg luggage allowance on top of the standard 25 kg hold luggage + 5 kg hand luggage. Big :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
49 Posts
thats real interesting about the airlines giving free excess for diving gear, do you have to normally book in advance or is it pot luck on the day?
thanks
ciao
faunty

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Yeah so like I said Andy, we'll print off the info on their site, and a cover note for all the lime and cylinders I'll be taking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts