YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I bought an MX10 camera for my recent holiday in Dahab, and I've just had the films developed.  The results can be seen here.

This is my first attempt at underwater photography, and a lot of the pictures are disappointing*.  There are some decent shots though, which give an idea of what it's like to dive in what Jacques Cousteau described as the world's biggest aquarium.

It's also my first attempt at making a website, so I used a MS FrontPage template.

*<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Crap</span>

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Pete, you have some nice pics there, but you also have a lot of crappy ones, not to put too fine a point on it  
I think you suffer from the same weakness as most of us newby u/w photographers - inability to sort out the wheat from the chaff and discard our unsuccessful images. The famous Howard Hall once said his round file was his most important one, and yet you and I would almost certainly think the pictures he rejects are masterpieces compared to our own humble efforts. So why not take a hard look at your photos and decide which ones are worth keeping and which ones need to go? I'm sure your collection would improve by it. I hope you don't feel too discouraged by these remarks. I'm still struggling with my own Motormarine II, have a lot more failures than successes, so I know how hard it is.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

John,
Thanks for your comments, I agree there are a lot of crap pics there.  I've had a quick look and deleted the worst of them I think.

You're right about more failures than success though
 Never mind, the memories are much better than the pics, just harder to share.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.