YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from my easter trip from Dahab. Here are a couple of photos from the trip. Great holiday again over there even if we did get hail for a couple of hours one morning - very biblical - no-one had ever seen anything like it!

Common lion fish

Redback butterflyfish

Polylp butterflyfish

Peppered moray

Juvenile lionfish

Giant pufferfish

Cheers, Ant

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ant,
Nice pictures, I haven't been to Dahab, whats youre impression of the spot?
Its the second time I've been and I really liked it again - fewer divers than sharm and some belting sites - there are vigin sites to the south which can only be reach by boat on calm days. I went with a 2 year old this time so didn't really leave the hilton hotel complex, but have been before and the main drag is quite a laugh at night.

Cheers, Ant

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Ant,
Nice pictures, I haven't been to Dahab, whats youre impression of the spot?

The best shore diving I have done outside the Maldives. Some pristine reefs only a jeep ride away. Lots of interesting reef structures as well

Much more laid back and "Egypt like" than Sharm and well supported for technical diving if thats your thing.

ATB

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
The best shore diving I have done outside the Maldives. Some pristine reefs only a jeep ride away. Lots of interesting reef structures as well

Much more laid back and "Egypt like" than Sharm and well supported for technical diving if thats your thing.

ATB
Agreed. I still have fond memories of chilling out in the Bedoine tents that line the Blue Hole... :)

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
Nice pics Ant!
I love Dahab - probably the only bit of the Red Sea Riviera that I do like :D

·
Registered
439 Posts
Were we all in Dahab over Easter? Well, nearly ;)

The hail was Friday morning, I flew home on Thursday!

I'd be interested to know where you found the Moray, I didn't see one this trip.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
I am sure you only went there cos they told you there was loads of pussy.....unfortunately it was :cat: :D
Mal
Tell me about it! But once I'd got over the initial disappointment, I made the most of what was available... after all, a mouth's a mouth and beggars can't be choosers, you know... ;)

·
life is too short
1,987 Posts
Thanks for posting....
off out to Dahab in June (for the first time) and looking more and more forward to it with all these positive trip reports and pics.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Were we all in Dahab over Easter? Well, nearly ;)

The hail was Friday morning, I flew home on Thursday!

I'd be interested to know where you found the Moray, I didn't see one this trip.
I flew home on Easter Sunday. We had a few spots of rain on Saturday afternoon, no hail though.

I also noticed a scarcity of morays, we saw 2 all week, both on the same dive at the Islands. Maybe the poor viz didn't help, it varied from 20m down to 10m during a dive at a particularly busy Canyon :(

·
Registered
111 Posts
I travelled egyptfor one month and dahab was the bestplace, so laid back, real cheap stayed in hostiles for quivalent of quid a night, main drag is funny with everyone tryin to get to eat at thier restaurants, kept getting pested though because of my buddy been a small blonde canadian, they couldnt keep thier hands off her.
hated cairo
if anyone goes to dahab climb mount sinai n 3500 steps or however many it is, i lost count but it was good workout worth it though for t'sunset.

nice pics man, lionfish aremy favourite so dormant yet lethal

1 - 18 of 18 Posts